Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Santosh1
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins First like given

I have the following settings configured for my Demo BGT60TR13C in the Radar Fusion GUI application:

Samples per chirp: 32

chirps per frame: 512

Chirp repetition time: 350

Frame rate: 3.7

The theoretical maximum range is set to 50 cm (Suitable for my application), I don't understand why I get some magnitude in the initial range of my range spectrum even though I have no object in front of the radar.

1. Can someone explain to me why? (Refer to attached screenshot)

2. What is the term "samples per chirp"? How is it different from "Chirps per frame"?

Santosh1_0-1697212157925.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Santosh1 ,

1. The peak near 0 Hz/0m seems to be DC component, please make sure the DC REMOVAL option is selected as shown in the figure below, while working with sensor.
    HoneyDhandhukia_0-1697451236336.png

Furthermore, the peak seems the effect of some board /package reflection. The reflection from the PCB board comes from the coupling between transmitter and receiver antenna, you can apply high pass filter to lower down the amplitude at particular range/frequency. But as the effect is from hardware side, it will be difficult to remove or cancel it

2. A chirp is a signal whose frequency changes (i.e. increases or decreases) with time at a constant rate df/dt. Samples per chirp is the number of samples acquired during each chirp of a frame, a consecutive number of chirps composes a measurement frame together with a frame end delay. For more detailed explanation please refer to Radar SDK Documentation  , please install new RDK 3.5

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Santosh1 ,

1. The peak near 0 Hz/0m seems to be DC component, please make sure the DC REMOVAL option is selected as shown in the figure below, while working with sensor.
    HoneyDhandhukia_0-1697451236336.png

Furthermore, the peak seems the effect of some board /package reflection. The reflection from the PCB board comes from the coupling between transmitter and receiver antenna, you can apply high pass filter to lower down the amplitude at particular range/frequency. But as the effect is from hardware side, it will be difficult to remove or cancel it

2. A chirp is a signal whose frequency changes (i.e. increases or decreases) with time at a constant rate df/dt. Samples per chirp is the number of samples acquired during each chirp of a frame, a consecutive number of chirps composes a measurement frame together with a frame end delay. For more detailed explanation please refer to Radar SDK Documentation  , please install new RDK 3.5

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey