does BGT60TR13C provide some way to detect human breathing & hear rate

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gkmbw
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

recently, i bought one device of BGT60TR13C.

i prefer do some breathing & heart rate research by using this mmwave device. does this device can provice some guide or method for the related feature.

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hello @gkmbw,

The app_recorder.exe after the modification gives the raw radar data with required sampling rate for vital sensing. The raw data needs to be processed for getting the breathing/heart rate information and for this the code needs to be developed based on the C library provided in the radar rdk.

Regarding the plot in the referred thread the user has performed his own post processing for obtaining the plot.

Best regards,

George

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
George_T

Hi @gkmbw,

Yes. BGT60TR13C is capable of vital sensing. Please refer to the thread below for better understanding.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/BGT60TR13C-Vital-Sensing-Gesture-Sensing/td-p/344277 

As already mentioned in the thread vital sensing will be included in the latest Radar Development kit which will be released soon.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
gkmbw
Level 1
Level 1

ok, i check your response, the related demo will release at end of Sep in 2022.

and i have one question, if i want to do the heart check by myself without the demo code, how can i do it with the current exist related api provided by the radar SDK? if you have a general idea, it can be helpful.

thank you

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @gkmbw,

Please refer to the thread below in which the user has modified the existing app in the rdk for this purpose.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/higher-sampling-rate-capturing-of-BGT60TR13C/td-p/352...

Hope this helps in getting started.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
gkmbw
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for your response.
I have tried use app_recorder.exe with specifc config file, and save the data to file.
while i have one question how can i present the data to snanpshot which metioned in the previous
url.  https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/higher-sampling-rate-capturing-of-BGT60TR13C/m-p/3535...

gkmbw_0-1659345495592.png

current i use Radar Fusion UI of 3.2.0.202205251335, I only can see tables of Time Domain, Frequency Domain, Range Doppler. how can see the above snanpshot?

0 Likes
George_T

Hello @gkmbw,

The app_recorder.exe after the modification gives the raw radar data with required sampling rate for vital sensing. The raw data needs to be processed for getting the breathing/heart rate information and for this the code needs to be developed based on the C library provided in the radar rdk.

Regarding the plot in the referred thread the user has performed his own post processing for obtaining the plot.

Best regards,

George

0 Likes