Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NA97
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Need help in interfacing  DEMOBGT60LTR11AIPTOBO1  eval kit board with xmc7200 eval kit.Used p7[1] As MOSI p7[2] as miso p6[3] as clk and p12[2] as chip select in the XMC  7200. downloaded the sensor-xensiv-bgt60trxx driver How to proceed after this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Siddharth_H
100 solutions authored 50 likes received First question asked

Hey @NA97 ,

DEMO BGT60LTR11AIP cannot be interfaced with XMC as you cannot access the radar's SPI pins directly. This is because the SPI lines of radars are connected to the onboard MCU.

Instead, what you can do is,

1) Buy S2GO RADAR BGT60LTR11 (as shied2go lets you access radar's SPI pins). And then use/refer t REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0 firmware code to implement your own program.

2) Get wires soldered to BGT60LTR11AIP Shield's hirose connector and then level shift the lines from 1.8V to 3.3V and again use the REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0 firmware code to implement your own program.

You can get the REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0 firmware source code from Infineon development center by downloading BGT60LTR11AIP package.

Thank you,

Siddharth. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Siddharth_H

Hey @NA97 ,

DEMO BGT60LTR11AIP cannot be interfaced with XMC as you cannot access the radar's SPI pins directly. This is because the SPI lines of radars are connected to the onboard MCU.

Instead, what you can do is,

1) Buy S2GO RADAR BGT60LTR11 (as shied2go lets you access radar's SPI pins). And then use/refer t REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0 firmware code to implement your own program.

2) Get wires soldered to BGT60LTR11AIP Shield's hirose connector and then level shift the lines from 1.8V to 3.3V and again use the REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0 firmware code to implement your own program.

You can get the REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0 firmware source code from Infineon development center by downloading BGT60LTR11AIP package.

Thank you,

Siddharth. 

0 Likes

NA97_0-1696942103564.png

spi pin in demobg can be used innspi mode i tHAT CORRECT.IF WRONG TELL ME

0 Likes
Siddharth_H

Hi @NA97 ,

Are you asking if you can use these pins (see image below) to communicate with BGT60LTR11AIP?

If YES, you can not use these pins to SPI communicate with BGT60LTR11AIP as the SPI pins on baseboard are of onboard ATSAM MCU and not the radar itself.

In the schematic below, you can see that the SPI0 line on connectors are connected to MCU.

Siddharth_0-1697001186187.png

So you will have to follow one of the two steps I mentioned in my previous reply.

Thank you,

Siddharth.

0 Likes

i have a shield2go radar sensor, I downloaded the  REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0 firmware. Just explain me in bit detail way how to use it to detection using xmc 7200

0 Likes

REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0 firmware code  IS A DAVE PROJECT HOW TO USE IT IN MODUS

TOOLBOX

0 Likes
Siddharth_H

Hey @NA97 ,

You cannot straitly copy the M0 XMC to your code. You have to write your own program, you can just refer it know about the register addressing and communication protocol, as well as the signal processing techniques or maybe reuse some functions.

Thanks,

Siddharth.

0 Likes

MO XMC code is developed in DAVE ide .I couldn't create Dave application in Dave IDE for xmc7200.Dave ide supports only up to XMC4000 series.

0 Likes
Siddharth_H

Oh ho, looks like things are getting confusing here. Let me clarify you 🤓!

@NA97 , I understand that ModusToolbox is used for XMC7200 and the M0 code is in DAVE and you cannot copy the same code over to ModusToolbox.

What I asked you to do it to create a fresh program in ModusToolbox for your XMC, to develop this new code of yours, you can refer to the M0 source code to understand register lists, communication and signal processing related functions, all just as a reference.

Hope this makes it clear.

Thank you,

Siddharth.

0 Likes