XMC 1100: SPI communication with EVAL BGT24LTR22 BOARD

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LouisEE
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like given

Dear all,

I'm using XMC 2GO(XMC1100) to realize the SPI communication between XMC2go and EVAL BGT24LTR22 BOARD, which is an evaluation board for MMIC BGT24ltr22. I wanted to know how can I change the value of the certain register in BGT24LTR22 chip?

abb8b1ad078864eb01a300841045e34.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Siddharth_H
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi @LouisEE ,

Hoping that your query is answered and you have no further doubts on this topic, I will be locking this thread due to inactivity. Feel free to create new threads when you are in need of help. 

Regards,

Siddharth.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Siddharth_H

Hey @LouisEE 

Please go through section 7.1: SPI module description in the user guide to know about your requirement.
Feel free to add your further queries 

Thank you, Siddharth

Thank you for your quick reply! I consulted the user guide,now I'm a little confused about the pin function of the RF board.Specifically ''1.5V'' on the 4x2 pin header, ''1.5V_BGT'' and ''1.5V_TXB'' on the 6x2pin header. Can you tell me which pins I should connect if I want to use xmc2go to communicate with the board? Which pins correspond to chip VDD in case I just wanna power up the chip rather than using spi communication ? 

25711d06b8e40ee2953218ddcc378fd.jpg

0 Likes
Siddharth_H

Hey @LouisEE ,

1) The pin 1.5V and 1.5_BGT are the same ( you can see this in section 4.5- Evaluation board schematic from the user guide). It's just not printed on the board. 

Siddharth_0-1677049609536.png

2) 1.5_TXB connects to the OE (Output enable) pin of the level shifter, which can be used to enable or disable (Hi-Z) the level shifter's output etc. You may refer to level shifter's (TXB0108) datasheet for better understanding. 

3) You cannot just turn on the chip without turning on the SPI module as the SPI module is inside the chip itself.

Hope this helps!

Thankyou, Siddharth.

Hi, Siddharth

I've already connected the whole system successfully. I connected my antenna and now I could observe the output IF waveform from the oscilloscope. Now I want to sample the waveform of the IF output and transfer it to the computer for subsequent real-time signal processing, can you provide some possible method to achieve this?

0 Likes
Siddharth_H

Hi @LouisEE ,

To sample the IF output you will need to digitise it. You can choose a MCU to use it's ADC and sample the data keeping in mind the ADC size and sampling frequency and then read this data with the PC to further process this.

Thankyou , Siddharth.

0 Likes
Siddharth_H

Hi @LouisEE ,

Hoping that your query is answered and you have no further doubts on this topic, I will be locking this thread due to inactivity. Feel free to create new threads when you are in need of help. 

Regards,

Siddharth.

0 Likes