What's the difference between KIT BGT60TR13C EMBEDD and BGT60TR13C SoM board?

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anna-xuan
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted First like received

HI,I need to realize the function of people counting with 60GHZ sensor.When i read related information,i found there's two board during the solution as pictures below.I have owned the first one,so do they have differences?Should i buy another one?

1 Solution

Hi @Anna-xuan 

Yes, The I/O board is part of the evaluation kit for Infineon’s Smart Entrance Counter solution. You will not need the I/O board as you already have the DEMO BGT60TR13C board.

Thanks and regards.

Siddharth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Siddharth_H
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi @Anna-xuan 

The first board you own is a XENSIV™ 60GHz BGT60TR13C system-on-module (SoM) a.k.a Form Factor (FF) board, the second image you have put up also contains the same board with an additional board which is the I/O board, The BGT60TR13C SoM sits on this I/O board. The SoM and the I/O board together form the 'KIT BGT60TR13C EMBEDD'. Further, This I/O board enables the connection of SoM to the PC via USB for configuration and evaluation purposes. This is a Plug and Play solution for Presence detection which comes with an associated GUI application. Yes, you will need the I/O board if your application requires interfacing the BGT60TR13C SoM with a PC for the same.

These links might come in handy,
1- https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/smart_entrance_counter_solution/#!?videoId=AVqh6y...
2- https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-SmartEntranceCounterSolution-ProductPresentation-v01_00-EN.pd...

Hope this helps.
Thanks and regards

Siddharth

Hi,Siddharth

Sorry,the first picture i posted is not the sensor i owned.My sensor is as the picture shows below.

Anna-xuan
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted First like received

Hi,Siddharth

Thank you for your reply!But i've already link the BGT60TR13C to pc,the I/O board is just to link the BGT60 to the  pc?

0 Likes

Hi @Anna-xuan 

Yes, The I/O board is part of the evaluation kit for Infineon’s Smart Entrance Counter solution. You will not need the I/O board as you already have the DEMO BGT60TR13C board.

Thanks and regards.

Siddharth

0 Likes

Hi,Siddharth

Thank you for your help!

Thanks and regards.

Anna Xuan