What is the Frame duration time for 24 GHz Distance2Go sensor BGT24MTR11?

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LouisEE
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like given

Hi everyone, I'm using BGT24MTR11 Distance2go  to carry out some experiments. Right now I'm using matlab interface to extract the raw data, but I can not find how to modify the Frame duration time, I can only adjust the chirp duration timeDoes anybody know where I can find this parameter and how to change it?  These are the API but I did not find one refers to the Frame duration time. 屏幕截图 2022-11-29 165358.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @LouisEE ,

Please refer to the image below. Also, refer to the Algorithm API documentation for detailed explanation on various APIs.

Chirp_time.PNG

Also, please refer to the attached document for your reference.

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @LouisEE ,

Please refer to the\IFX_D2G-HW-SW_V2.0.2\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_Matlab_Interface\RadarSystemImplementation\@EPRadarBase\parseMSG_SET_MIN_INTERVAL file for changing frame interval time. The frame duration time are also depended on the chirp duration time and number of chirps in one frame.

You may also refer to  C:\IFX_D2G-HW-SW_V2.0.2\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_Matlab_Interface\RadarSystemExamples\ParseRawDataFile, has a xml file too where you may  set the configuration - frame interval, chirp duration and number of chirps.

Please refer to the D2G_Matlab_Radar_System document from C:\IFX_D2G-HW-SW_V2.0.2\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_Matlab_Interface\RadarSystemDocumentation. For better understanding on the APIs refer to the documentation on all the Algorithm APIs from C:\IFX_D2G-HW-SW_V2.0.2\Documentation\Algorithm_API

Hope this helps!

For information: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/Discontinued-Products-XENSIV-Radar-mmWave-24GHz-DEMO-... 

Best Regards,
Honey

Thank you for your reply!  I also want to make sure that whether the duration time of one frame is automatically set as it equals to the chirp duration time times the number of chirps in one frame. In other words, is there any interval between different chirps inside one frame?

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @LouisEE ,

Please refer to the image below. Also, refer to the Algorithm API documentation for detailed explanation on various APIs.

Chirp_time.PNG

Also, please refer to the attached document for your reference.

Best Regards,
Honey