Step by step understanding of programming DEMO BGT60TR13C board from source

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Biopsin
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I bought the DEMO BGT60TR13C board and was able to run Radar Fusion GUI with the board successfully and was able to build an SDK from the source and run Presence Sensing App by following the steps for building  Visual Studio Solution File (*.snl) using CMAKE on windows 10, 64-bit machine.  The visual studio version I am running is the 2017 version.

So far in my understanding, the presence detection.exe built by the visual studio after building the presence sensing app is running the default configuration values for presence detection, as mentioned in the PRESENCE_SENSING_DEFAULTS_H.

Now my confusion starts here, how do I change the default values and apply them to the firmware that is being flashed to the DEMO BGT60TR13C board? after reading RDK it states by changing the values in the file config_presence_detection.json in the  ...\RDK-TOOLS-SW\SDK\apps\c\share folder and then using bgt60-configurator-cli.exe to convert the config_presence_detection.json file into register list which needs to be copied and pasted to presence_sensing_defaults.h file?

Am I correct in my understanding? or am I missing something? please help me by explaining step-by-step procedures on how to change the reflect the changed parameters in the config_presence_detection.json file into firmware that is being flashed on the DEMO BGT60TR13C board. Also, how do I verify during the run-time of the Presence Sensing App on the DEMO board what are the segmentation parameters for presence sensing?

Thank You

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @Biopsin ,

You can make a copy of the config_presence_detection.json file (in order to preserve the original configuration, if required) and edit the parameters there. The edited or newly created json file can be loaded to the presence detection app by running the executable as :

.\app_presence_detection -c "PATH_TO_config_recorder.json"

This will load the new settings of the presence_detection onto the application.

For checking out other options you can use, .\app_presence_detection --help

The present code in the RDK does not allow verifying the parameters during runtime but by providing the json file path with the executable, you can ensure that the settings include the edited parameters.

Best regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @Biopsin ,

You can make a copy of the config_presence_detection.json file (in order to preserve the original configuration, if required) and edit the parameters there. The edited or newly created json file can be loaded to the presence detection app by running the executable as :

.\app_presence_detection -c "PATH_TO_config_recorder.json"

This will load the new settings of the presence_detection onto the application.

For checking out other options you can use, .\app_presence_detection --help

The present code in the RDK does not allow verifying the parameters during runtime but by providing the json file path with the executable, you can ensure that the settings include the edited parameters.

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes