Signal Processing on XMC4700

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Taylor70
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi 

I have a question about extracting radar data from my BGT24LTR11 shield and XMC4700 board 

What I want to do is visualize "Target Signal Strength" like how it is in the Radar GUI App on a small screen (e.g. raspberry pi screen - Google Search)

Is there a way I can program the XMC4700 board itself to present this data on the screen when I plug it in, or will I have to use another microcontroller with, for example, MATLAB installed to process then present this data on the screen?

Let me know if this is unclear! 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @Taylor70

Please use the C code provided in the C:\IFX_D2GL-HW-SW_V1.0.0\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_C_Interface (which can be obtained after installing Distance2GoL package from Infineon Developer Center). Build the D2GL_basics project and run the application d2gl_basics . The application provides the signal strength as an output along with other outputs. 

Please refer to the thread below for more information on modifying the code for your requirement.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/Obtain-distance-from-raw-data-D2GL/td-p/363150

Thanks and regards,

George

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
George_T

Hi @Taylor70,

Could you please clarify which evaluation board are you using?

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes

I am using the Distance2GoL kit if that helps

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @Taylor70

Please use the C code provided in the C:\IFX_D2GL-HW-SW_V1.0.0\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_C_Interface (which can be obtained after installing Distance2GoL package from Infineon Developer Center). Build the D2GL_basics project and run the application d2gl_basics . The application provides the signal strength as an output along with other outputs. 

Please refer to the thread below for more information on modifying the code for your requirement.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/Obtain-distance-from-raw-data-D2GL/td-p/363150

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes