Sense2Go Development Kit Exporting Data

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I would like to export the data acquired by the Sense2Go Development kit when connected via usb to a laptop, and after running the GUI. The kit comes with the MATLAB which processes the data, as well as displays the data in the GUI. My initial thought is to modify this MATLAB code to include a line which saves the acquired data. Unfortunately, this will not work as I would need to compile this new MATLAB code, which I cannot do as I do not have the MATLAB compiler on my laptop. Anyone have any suggestions on how to save the acquired data?
0 Likes
9 Replies
User13817
Level 3
Level 3
Hello jjn123,

The XMC 2Go send the information to MATLAB over USB. I'm not sure if it encrypts the information or not (I don't think so) but you can try sniff the serial communication.
0 Likes
finketho
Employee
Employee
First solution authored
Hi jjn123,

may I please know if your kit is really the old (outdated) Sense2Go platform or successor platforms like Sense2Go2 or Sense2GoL? For latter ones we have software updates that are able to strem data via UART.

Best regards,
Thomas
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi, I'm using sense2Go2, where can i get the software updates from?

Thanks
0 Likes
User13817
Level 3
Level 3
finketho wrote:
Hi jjn123,

may I please know if your kit is really the old (outdated) Sense2Go platform or successor platforms like Sense2Go2 or Sense2GoL? For latter ones we have software updates that are able to strem data via UART.

Best regards,
Thomas

There's no firmware available to this one?
0 Likes
Not applicable
finketho wrote:
Hi jjn123,

Best regards,
Thomas

I am using the Sense2Go2_3.1. I now have a MATLAB license, and so am able to modify the code that came with the board. The code reads in data into buffers of size 500 samples and displays it in a GUI. To save the data, I append these buffers to one big list, but this causes discontinuities every 500 samples, because there is a small pause between buffer reads. Any advice on a better way to get this data? How might I stream data using UART?
0 Likes
User12375
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First solution authored 5 replies posted
You may want to look at www.omnipresense.com. The OPS241-A performs the same as the Sense2Go module but has a different API which easily connects to a PC. Serial data is output over USB to any command terminal like TeraTerm.
0 Likes
finketho
Employee
Employee
First solution authored
Hi persike,

components depicted in your picture look like the magnetic sensor from Infineon. This is not a radar sensor like Sense2Go2 or Sense2GoL. I can only answer questions to radar sensors.

Best regards,
Thomas
0 Likes
finketho
Employee
Employee
First solution authored
Hi tjd,

for software updates, please go to the 24GHz landing page www.infineon.com/24ghz and navigate to the Software&Tools area. There you will find information how to get access to the software.

Best regards,
Thomas
0 Likes
Not applicable
finketho wrote:
Hi tjd,

for software updates, please go to the 24GHz landing page www.infineon.com/24ghz and navigate to the Software&Tools area. There you will find information how to get access to the software.

Best regards,
Thomas

Hi again,

Edit2: I now realize I may not have Sense2Go2 (trying to figure this out currently), but Sense2Go. Are there any other options for this older model?

Thanks,

jjn123
0 Likes