Schematic question on BGT60LTR11AIP

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19535
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted First comment on blog

Dear Sir,

we follow the DEMOBGT60LTR11AIPTOBO1 EVM to draw the schematic. but 2 things below need your help to clarification

(1)for EEPROM(I2C_SDA, I2C_SCL), if I don't need to identify the board, can I ignore it?

(2)  does radar communicate over the SPI  only?   or the SPI is for setting, PHASE_DET and TARGET_DET 2 pins are  for sensor output?

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @User19535 ,

Please note that when the shield is plugged into the Radar Baseboard MCU7, the MMIC’s supplies are initially deactivated. Only the EEPROM is powered. The MCU reads the contents of the EEPROM’s memory to determine which shield is plugged into the connectors and only when the shield has been correctly identified, MMIC’s supplies are activated.

Communication with the MMIC is mainly performed via SPI. It can also be used to configure the internal blocks of the BGT60LTR11AIP chip registers. For more details on the SPI interface and it's capabilities in working of BGT60LTR11AIP, Please refer : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN625_userguide_BGT60LTR11AIP-ApplicationNotes-v01_05-EN.pdf?... .

As for PHASE_DET(PDet) and TARGET_DET(TDet), both are output pins. Target detected (TDet) output is used to show if a motion is detected or not. TDet is an active low pin. Thus, it's set low when a motion is detected, otherwise high.  And, Phase detected (PDet) output is used to show the direction of the detected target. It is set high for approaching targets, otherwise low. 

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @User19535 ,

Please note that when the shield is plugged into the Radar Baseboard MCU7, the MMIC’s supplies are initially deactivated. Only the EEPROM is powered. The MCU reads the contents of the EEPROM’s memory to determine which shield is plugged into the connectors and only when the shield has been correctly identified, MMIC’s supplies are activated.

Communication with the MMIC is mainly performed via SPI. It can also be used to configure the internal blocks of the BGT60LTR11AIP chip registers. For more details on the SPI interface and it's capabilities in working of BGT60LTR11AIP, Please refer : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN625_userguide_BGT60LTR11AIP-ApplicationNotes-v01_05-EN.pdf?... .

As for PHASE_DET(PDet) and TARGET_DET(TDet), both are output pins. Target detected (TDet) output is used to show if a motion is detected or not. TDet is an active low pin. Thus, it's set low when a motion is detected, otherwise high.  And, Phase detected (PDet) output is used to show the direction of the detected target. It is set high for approaching targets, otherwise low. 

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,

Deepa