Raw data acquisition problem

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
fpga
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi ,

I have a question in the raw data IQ that the Radar GUI captured, 

I saw that the Amplitude in the graph Time domain is always limited by 0 to 1.

Screenshot 2022-06-21 161620.png

I have tried to change it by right click and change to another value and then Apply - OK, but It does not change anything.

I also look into the data_raw in txt , at a given time I saw there is some value = 1.0 . 

As far as I know, there is a problem in the ADCs threshold that can change the game, but I don't know how to modified it.

Anyone have the answer, I really appreciate it.

Many thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @fpga ,

It won't really be possible for you to change this parameter on the firmware side either. For getting the non-normalized samples, the best option would be to de-normalize the values by multiplying the incoming samples by 4095 ( normalization factor ). 

Best regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @fpga ,

The data that is being displayed in the GUI and being saved in the text file is actually the normalized ADC values which would range between 0 & 1. You can configure the time domain window's y-axis to show the values in any range between 0 & 1 but the saved data in the text file will always be the normalized value. 

Best regards,

Deepa

fpga
Level 1
Level 1

Thank @Deepa_V  for kindly support,

So how can I modify this parameter to ## ADC_Samples_NonNormalized = [0, 2^ADC_Res_Bits - 1]

Must I use DAVE IDE to modify it? And how can I do it?

Thanks again for your help!

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @fpga ,

You can either de-normalize the values by multiply the incoming samples by 4095 ( normalization factor ) or you'll have to modify it in the Firmware.  Please refer C:\IFX_D2GL-HW-SW_V1.0.0\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_C_Interface for the info on processing. 

Best regards,

Deepa

fpga
Level 1
Level 1

@Deepa_V 

Thanks for your reply,   Could you please provide me with the details!

For instance, where can I change the data to non-normalized, and is there any problem with the system if we change the firmware like that?

Best,

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @fpga ,

It won't really be possible for you to change this parameter on the firmware side either. For getting the non-normalized samples, the best option would be to de-normalize the values by multiplying the incoming samples by 4095 ( normalization factor ). 

Best regards,

Deepa

fpga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Deepa_V ,

Thank you for your help,

In order to de-normalize the values,  we need to multiply the incoming samples by 4095.

That means in the raw data txt file, all the data I/Q must multiple by 4095:

0.51965815 x 4095
0.51916975 x 4095

Could you explain more about this problem please!

Best,

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @fpga ,

You are right. You just have to multiply likewise. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes