Raw I and Q data for standing targets from BGT60LTR11AIP

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Himmel-Berlin
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,
At the moment I only get data when the sensor or the target is in motion.
Is it possible to output the raw data from BGT60LTR11AIP or modulate it to display reflections from standing targets.

Thanks for the effort.
Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Himmel-Berlin 

BGT60LTR11AIP is doppler based radar sensor, designed for detection of targets in motion and their direction of motion, and not the stationary targets.
There are two methods to extract raw data from BGT60LTR11AIP:

1. Using Radar Fusion GUI, after connecting and flashing the firmware on the board through Fusion GUI, you may use the recording option available which will save the raw date in .txt format, which can be used further for processing.
    recording.PNG

2. Using the RDK, once you have installed the radar sdk, you can find the raw data app inside the folder: \radar_sdk\apps\c\raw_data_ltr11, that can be used too for recording and saving the raw data from BGT60LTR11AIP.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @Himmel-Berlin 

BGT60LTR11AIP is doppler based radar sensor, designed for detection of targets in motion and their direction of motion, and not the stationary targets.
There are two methods to extract raw data from BGT60LTR11AIP:

1. Using Radar Fusion GUI, after connecting and flashing the firmware on the board through Fusion GUI, you may use the recording option available which will save the raw date in .txt format, which can be used further for processing.
    recording.PNG

2. Using the RDK, once you have installed the radar sdk, you can find the raw data app inside the folder: \radar_sdk\apps\c\raw_data_ltr11, that can be used too for recording and saving the raw data from BGT60LTR11AIP.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
Himmel-Berlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Honey_D,

Thank you very much for the very quick reply.
I have tried it out. After flashing the firmware, the data collection works with the Radar Fusion Gui, but I can't connect via the Python program anymore.
Is it also possible to query this data via Python?

Best regards and thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @Himmel-Berlin ,

Please make sure you flashed the latest firmware from Radar Development kit, as the mismatch in firmware versions may also cause the error.

BR,
Honey

0 Likes
Himmel-Berlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Honey_D,

I have found 2 firmware versions once the 255 with which I can take the data via Radar Fusion GUI, but can not make contact with the board via Python. The second firmware is 117 with which I can record data via Radar GUI and also connect via Python. Does the connection need to be initialized differently in Python with firmware 255? Thanks a lot for the help.

Best regards 

0 Likes

Hello @Himmel-Berlin,

Just FYI, the BGT60LTR11AIP is now supported via:

• FW v117 of the "Radar BGT60LTR11AIP" package, compatible with "Radar GUI", and with the 60ltr11 Python Wrapper of this package.
  • FW v255 of the "Radar Development Kit" package, compatible with "Radar Fusion GUI", and with the 60ltr11 Python Wrapper of this package.

In otherworlds, both packages and Python Wrappers support the BGT60LTR11AIP and are NOT cross-compatible.

Hope things are clear now.

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @Himmel-Berlin ,

The RDK support for BGT60LTR11AIP when compared to the previous package, the ifxDopplerLTR11 module is now present as a python wheel. Please follow steps to work with python code:

1. Go to: radar_sdk\libs\win32_x64\
  2. Run pip install ifxDopplerLTR11-3.3.0-py3-none-any.whl

After this, you should be able to work with python example.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes