Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
inbar214
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am trying to use the Rapid IoT Connect Platform with the XENSIV™ KIT CSK BGT60TR13C.

When I get to the submit step I am trying to press "save" but nothing happens and no error appears. What could I be doing wrong to make it not work like this?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
25 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello @inbar214,

The IoT platform server was down earlier, but it has now been fixed. Can you please try adding the device again? Additionally, kindly check with both IFX wifi and your wifi to ensure that everything is working as expected.

Best Regards,

Pugitha 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
Pugitha_N

Hello @inbar214,

Have you seen any pop-up messages indicating that the device provisioning process has been initiated or started?

Could you please share the notification log that's located in the right corner of the application with me?

NarraPugitha_1-1701148699344.png

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
inbar214
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Pugitha_N ,

I did not see any pop-up messages.

I am attaching screenshots of the notification log and of the process of trying to add a device. I tried switching between the different options and tried to use different wifi networks.

Is there anything I was supposed to do with the board before trying to connect to the IOT connect plarform?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @inbar214,

Would it be possible for you to share the serial number that's listed on the kit?  If you could provide a picture of it, that would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes
lock attach
inbar214
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Pugitha_N ,

Sure I'm attaching here a picture of the serial number on the device.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @inbar214,

Could you kindly try provisioning the sensor on another PC?

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes
inbar214
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Pugitha_N ,

Yes, I tried with another computer and with different wifi networks and it's still not working.
Is there anyway to make sure what I'm doing with wifi is correct? does the PC have to be connected to the same wifi at the same time? something else that could cause an issue?

Thank you,

Inbar

0 Likes
lock attach
inbar214
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Pugitha_N ,

I also trued to use the ModusToolbox to see if I can get something using that. I tried launching the Human Presence Detection example, and it did not work as well (I'm attaching a screenshot). 

Do you know why it is not working is the ModusToolbox also?

Thank you,

Inbar

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @inbar214,

The message indicates that the flash program was skipped. Can you please use the Cypress programmer to erase the device, and then re-flash the code? However, before erasing the device, could you please verify in the serial terminal if the kit is outputting macro and micro presence, which indicates that the kit is functioning correctly.

We are actively investigating the problem you are experiencing with Rapid IoT. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @inbar214,

The software had a glitch, but we have resolved it. Can you please try the steps again, using the Rapid IoT platform?

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes
lock attach
inbar214
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Pugitha_N ,

Thank you for your help! there's progress, but it's still not working well.

I now managed to click on the save button and it started to create the files. But the build status did not succeed and it is on fail (attaching screenshot). I tried to delete it, but an error appears "cannot delete kit", I tried to edit it but an error "cannot retry. please contact admin" appears. I also tried to add the device again but it says that the serial number already exists and won't allow me to create it again.

On top of that, I still have the red light on the radar and I tried to check the serial port with TeraTerm as you asked and I managed to see once the presence macro and micro but most of the time I get meaningless output (attaching screenshots).

Thank you!

Inbar

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @inbar214,

What baud rate have you currently set in the serial terminal? Please make sure to set the baud rate to 115200.

I will provide you with an update as soon as possible regarding the issue with IoT Platform.

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @inbar214,

The IoT platform server was down earlier, but it has now been fixed. Can you please try adding the device again? Additionally, kindly check with both IFX wifi and your wifi to ensure that everything is working as expected.

Best Regards,

Pugitha 

0 Likes
lock attach
inbar214
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Pugitha_N ,

It's working! Thank you so much for your help!!

A few notes and questions following that - 

1. With the IFX wifi it managed to create a file but it didn't connect to the IOT platform, only when I used my wifi it connected.

2. I tried the presence detection and the data update rate is very slow, is there any way to make it faster? Also, I many dotted lines (which means there is no measurement), I'm adding a screenshot.

3. Is there a way to get raw data through the IOT platform?

4. If I want to use the ModusToolbox do I still need to use the Cypress programmer to erase the device, and then re-flash the code?

Thank you!

Inbar

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @inbar214,

1. The kit should be working with IFX network, if it fails to connect, Please repeat the steps.

2. We acknowledge that the current version of the application is somewhat sluggish, but we are working on improving it. Therefore, please keep an eye out for future releases.

3. Obtaining raw data on an IoT platform is not feasible. If you would like to evaluate raw data, you can utilize our Radar Development Kit with Demo BGT60TR13C.

4. It is not always necessary to use a Cypress programmer to flash the code, the code can be flashed directly in ModusToolbox. 

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes