Range and Angle Measurement of Radar Fusion GUI

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shoko_s
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello, 

I'm trying to muasure Range and Angle by using Range & Angle Measurement of Radar Fusion GUI. 

I have set the condition as below image, but it does not work well. 

1.png

For example... It is indicated 1.7m spectrum on Range spectrum view, but there are not any object on Range & Angle Measurement view. 

Sometimes an object appears on Range & Angle Measurement view, but it appears in misguided direction and distance. 

Please let me know how I can measure Range & Angle accurately by Range & Angle Measurement of Radar Fusion GUI.  

Regards, 

Shoko 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
25 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello @shoko_s,

To get the accurate results from Range and Angle Measurement plot, Fix your radar to one position in of the orientations i.e., Landscape or Portrait. 

Please be remembered that Range and Angle Measurement plot can only track one target. Modify the sensitivity to lessen the probability of disappearance of target on Range and Angle Measurement plot.  

We can't judge Range spectrum inferring Range and Angle Measurement plot because the waveforms of Range spectrum depict multiple targets but as already said Range and Angle Measurement plot will only target the nearest moving target, you can't analyze which target on Range Spectrum is getting plotted on Range and Angle Measurement plot.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
shoko_s
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, 

I have an additional question about Range & Angle Measurement of Radar Fusion GUI. 

Please let me know how I can use "Sensitivity" parametor. 

Regards, 

Shoko 

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @shoko_s,

1) We tried to reproduce your issue and faced the same ambiguity with Radar Fusion GUI. 

We are looking into the issue. Keep an eye out for our future RDK releases.

Meanwhile, you can build the app_motion_angle.c from Radar SDK to get the radar parameters like distance, speed, angle_elevation and angle_azimuth on to your console.

2) Sensitivity measurement represents the minimum power required at the receiver with which the radar can still detect a target. Lower the threshold value, higher is the sensitivity and therefore higher the detection range. 

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
shoko_s
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Pugitha, 

Thank you for your response. 

1) I have built "app_motion_angle.c" and gotten "app_motion_angle.exe" file. 

Can it display the radar parameters like distance, speed, angle_elevation and angle_azimuth obtained by "app_motion_angle.exe" on Console of Radar Fusion GUI?? 

If yes, please let me know the process. 

2) I understand the use of "Sensitivity" parametor.  

Please advise. 

Thanks and regards,  Shoko 

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @shoko_s,

app_motion_angle.exe and Radar Fusion GUI are not linked with each other.

You can't bring the data of .exe files to Fusion GUI as the GUI comes with its own source files independent of Radar SDK source files. 

Bear with me, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @shoko_s,

To get the accurate results from Range and Angle Measurement plot, Fix your radar to one position in of the orientations i.e., Landscape or Portrait. 

Please be remembered that Range and Angle Measurement plot can only track one target. Modify the sensitivity to lessen the probability of disappearance of target on Range and Angle Measurement plot.  

We can't judge Range spectrum inferring Range and Angle Measurement plot because the waveforms of Range spectrum depict multiple targets but as already said Range and Angle Measurement plot will only target the nearest moving target, you can't analyze which target on Range Spectrum is getting plotted on Range and Angle Measurement plot.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
shoko_s
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Pugita, 

Thanks for your reply. I have rechecked the Range and Angle Measurement plot of Radar Fusion GUI. 

>  Angle Measurement plot will only target the nearest moving target... 

Which means..., that the Range and Angle Measurement plot of the follwing image is detecting spectrum signals below 0.6m on range spectrum?? 

2.png

If yes, it will always be plotted at close range.

(I adjusted Sensitivity, but it is not change. )

I think it would be better method to detect and plot the Range Spectrum peak on the Range and Angle Measurement, but am I wrong? 

Best regards, Shoko 

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @shoko_s,

We understand your concern but as already mentioned Range and Angle Measurement plot can only detect nearest moving object as of now and there is no correlation between the Range Spectrum and Range and Angle measurement Plot. Their functionality serves different purposes. Range and Angle measurement plot is just a subset of Range spectrum which serves the purpose of tracking nearest moving target.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
shoko_s
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Pugita, 

When I measured Range and Angle in the previous image, there were not any targets within 0.6m. 
Isn't it picking up noise and plotting it on the Range and Angle Measurement? 

Regards, Shoko 

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @shoko_s,

There is no such ambiguity in Range and Angle Measurement plot. We got the accurate results fixing the radar to static stand.

Can you please send me a picture of your set-up to get better understanding on your problem.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
shoko_s
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Pugitha, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I will try to measure again in a less reflective environment! 

Best ragrds, Shoko 

0 Likes
shoko_s
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Pugitha, 

Could I ask you something? 

Do you have any demo videos about Range and Angle Measurement of Radar Fusion GUI? 

Thanks, Shoko 

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @shoko_s,

Demo videos are not available for Range and Angle Measurement using Fusion GUI. 

If you can send us your set-up of radar, we may be able to root out the issue.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
shoko_s
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Pugitha,  

Thank you for reply. 

I understand that you don't have demo videos for Range and Angle Measurement using Fusion GUI. 

Thank you, Shoko 

0 Likes