Radar for fall detection

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MalekMallah
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, 

I'm planning to use one of Infineon's radar sensors to localize multiple people in an indoor environment within a range of 5 meters and estimate their posture. To do so, I will use the radar to generate a 3D cloud point or vertical and horizontal heatmaps. 

Can anyone tell me what is the suitable radar for my application? I was planning to use "DEMO BGT60TR13C" but I'm not sure yet if this will be the right option. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yaran_W
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi MalekMallah:

DEMO BGT60TR13C  could meet your needs. I think it is a good choice.

A L-shaped antenna array ensures horizontal and as well as vertical angular measurement. 

Based on the developed algorithm the MMIC can serve established as well as new applications and use cases without intruding on privacy, such as presence detection, segmentation/tracking, gesture/vital sensing as well as material classification.

WangYaran_0-1657439463267.png

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BGT60TR13C_RadarSensorProductPresentation-ProductPresentation...

Best Regards!

Yaran

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Yaran_W
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi MalekMallah:

DEMO BGT60TR13C  could meet your needs. I think it is a good choice.

A L-shaped antenna array ensures horizontal and as well as vertical angular measurement. 

Based on the developed algorithm the MMIC can serve established as well as new applications and use cases without intruding on privacy, such as presence detection, segmentation/tracking, gesture/vital sensing as well as material classification.

WangYaran_0-1657439463267.png

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BGT60TR13C_RadarSensorProductPresentation-ProductPresentation...

Best Regards!

Yaran