Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
parth1568
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins First question asked

Hi, 

I am working with BGT60TR13C and the presence detection application with ESP32. I have taken reference from the sample project given by Infineon. 
1. Radar SDK and Infineon MCU 7 demo hardware and firmware code is ported to ESP32 and is working fine 
2. There is a CSK kit where presence detection has happened on MCU firmware.

Here, First project use  

ifx_Avian_Metrics_t;  structure for adding a parameter environment-related which will then be converted to 
ifx_Avian_Config_t;  Radar parameter. 

while CSK kit use 
xensiv_radar_presence_config_t; structure for the radar config. 

Is there any way to convert ifx_Avian_Metrics_t; to xensiv_radar_presence_config_t; or ifx_Avian_Config_t; to xensiv_radar_presence_config_t; ?

Thank you,
Parth Suthar. 
0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @parth1568 ,

The ESP32 solution/demo shared follows CSK. There is no direct porting available from RDK code to CSK.

Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @parth1568 ,

Can you please share the reason behind your desire to make this change? Is it related to any specific project or application?

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
parth1568
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, @Honey_D 

The application is for presence detection for lighting application in office environment.  We want to precisely detect if there is any living body occupying the space or not. there will be small fans or moving objects. We want to detect Humans with radar parameters we want to accurately control the radar for optimum detection. 
The xensiv_radar_presence_config_t; structure used in presence detection does not accurately define the real-world environment or radar parameter.  For greater control, we want this. 
Also, we don't know if will it break the static lib provided by Infenion if we go using those parameters. 

Thank you,

Parth suthar 

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @parth1568 ,

The ESP32 solution/demo shared follows CSK. There is no direct porting available from RDK code to CSK.

Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
parth1568
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, @Honey_D,

I can see CSK code use fix radar parameter. mentioned below 

#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_DEVICE (XENSIV_DEVICE_BGT60TR13C)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_START_FREQ_HZ (61020100000)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_END_FREQ_HZ (61479904000)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_NUM_SAMPLES_PER_CHIRP (128)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_NUM_CHIRPS_PER_FRAME (16)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_NUM_RX_ANTENNAS (1)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_NUM_TX_ANTENNAS (1)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_SAMPLE_RATE (2352941)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_CHIRP_REPETITION_TIME_S (6.945e-05)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_FRAME_REPETITION_TIME_S (0.0049961)
#define XENSIV_BGT60TRXX_CONF_NUM_REGS (38)

in a file called radar_settings_tr13c.h
While the presence detection module uses xensiv_radar_presence_handle_t; to config as the source code is not open. I can not check how the radar resistors are changing.  or it will be just static as given in the above code snippet. 

Thank you,

Parth Suthar. 

0 Likes
parth1568
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, @Honey_D ,

I found one way of doing this. RDK has bgt60-configuration-cli for converting JSON file of config to the c file used in presence sensing. I just don't know will improve or break the static library provided by Infineon. 

Thank you,

Parth Suthar. 

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @parth1568 ,

Yes, the cli is to convert JSON to register settings in C file. Radar settings change will have impact on performance. Can you let us know which static library you are referring to?

Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
parth1568
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, @Honey_D ,

The presence detection algorithms library is in the closed source given.a file. I meant that static library in the above message.  Will the source code be available for vender applications with NDA or any other agreement? 

Thank you,

Parth Suthar.

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @parth1568 ,

Please install the new RDK:https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/Release-Announcement-Radar-Development-Kit-3-5-availa... . It has all the files you are looking for including the presence detection

Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
parth1568
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, @Honey_D ,

thank you for the support and information. I appreciate this. 

Thank you,

Parth Suthar. 

0 Likes