Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ramaseshanms
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Hello Team,
I am trying to perform gesture recognition using Radar Demo BGT60LTR11AIP Board. 
As I understand, the sensor is doppler and the board by default communicates through SPI.

I collected data through Radar Fusion GUI.

Kindly, tell me the post processing I need to do before running a CNN on it.
1. FFT (Correct me If I am wrong)
2. Hilbert ( I am not very sure. Since, the sensor already gives complex data, should I do Hilbert or not)

Kindly help.
A Million Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @ramaseshanms ,

Apologies for the delay response

As the boards are operational on different frequencies as well as different algorithm, and thus different capability. At present we would recommend you to go ahead with BGT60TR13C for building gesture sensing application

Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @ramaseshanms ,

As BGT60LTR11AIP is a doppler based radar system and consists of only one receiver antenna thus, we cannot get the required phase information from the raw data received to process it further for gesture sensing algorithm. We would suggest you to go through Demo BGT60TR13C, with which you can build the application of gesture sensing.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

ramaseshanms
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Thank you very much @Honey_D. I need to perform some applications using Radar Demo Board BGT60LTR11AIP. Other than presence detection, and sensitivity detection (default demo apps), can you please tell me some possible applications? Neural networks based applications will be nice.
Thank you again.

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @ramaseshanms ,

For more information about possible application with BGT60LTR11AIP you can download the new RDK (https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.ifxradarsdk ) , which includes all the documentation on the algorithm (/radar_sdk/radar_sdk/doc/html/pg_radarsdk_algorithms.html) and application (\radar_sdk\radar_sdk\apps\c) supported by sensor and more. You use them as a reference and build your own applications

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes

Thank you @Honey_D. According to this  post, the 24 Ghz sensor that has 1 Tx and 1 Rx is capable of sensing gestures. Can you tell me why?
https://www.edgeimpulse.com/blog/infineon-sense2gol-pulse

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @ramaseshanms ,

Apologies for the delay response

As the boards are operational on different frequencies as well as different algorithm, and thus different capability. At present we would recommend you to go ahead with BGT60TR13C for building gesture sensing application

Regards,
Honey