Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nDonnelly
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

In the user guide for the BGT60LTR11AIP it states the possible values for pulse  on time are :

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 6.00.03 pm.png

however in the firmware for the REF BGT60LTR11AIP MO the registers are labeled as followed: 

image.png

 Can you clarify which is the correct set of values? As this will affect the value of external cap required. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Siddharth_H
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi @nDonnelly ,

The pulse on time mentioned in the MO firmware are for different S&H capacitor value i.e. 56nF which will enable 40us pulse on time. While, the M0 board we sell has 5.6nF capacitors populated which makes pulse widths mentioned in datasheet possible, So the information you see in the datasheet is the right one to consider. 

Thanks,

Siddharth.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Siddharth_H

Hi @nDonnelly ,

The pulse on time mentioned in the MO firmware are for different S&H capacitor value i.e. 56nF which will enable 40us pulse on time. While, the M0 board we sell has 5.6nF capacitors populated which makes pulse widths mentioned in datasheet possible, So the information you see in the datasheet is the right one to consider. 

Thanks,

Siddharth.

0 Likes

Hi,

As per the datasheet 5.6nF caps only enable 5us pulse on time, so does that mean the MO board is not capable of 10us? The data sheet states that 10us requires 15nF, so if i placed 15nF it would mean it is capable of achieving 3,4,5 and 10 us depending on what i set reg 7 as. 

And as for the firmware, does this mean only the 5us pulse on time (0) is possible on the MO board you provide and it not possible to experiment with the other possible values due to the small caps.

I am confused how the M0 firmware can have different pulse on values as these registers correspond to the internal registers of the sensor. 

0 Likes

Dear @nDonnelly,

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We are pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved in the new REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0 FW package v1.10.

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes

Hi Montassar,

No problem! Please could you clarify the changes made to correct this problem other than the renaming of the  REG07_DUTY_CYCLE_ON_PULSE_LENGTH enum values? 

Also can you clarify if it possible to achieve 40us using the 56nF cap as @Siddharth_H  mentioned

Also do you have a list of changes made in this new version of the firmware? 

0 Likes

Hi @nDonnelly,

To clarify, we have made changes to the Pulse Length enum values and removed any references to the previous value of 40us. This was necessary as earlier versions of the firmware/hardware used 56nF Caps, which required a different pulse length.

However, the current hardware now uses 5.6nF Caps, which means that only the new enum values can be utilized, as already clarified by @Siddharth_H.

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes

Perfect, thanks for clarifying!

If i was to add the 56nF and have longer pulse time, would this increase the detection range of the sensor?

0 Likes

Hi @nDonnelly,

No, pulse mode is mainly designed to reduce system power consumption and the time the sensor is ON. I hope this answers your question. If you have no further questions, we can consider this thread resolved.

Cheers,
Montassar.

Siddharth_H

Hi @nDonnelly ,

With the 5.6uF capacitors 3,4,5 and 10us pulse on times are possible and with the 56nF capacitors 5, 10, 20 and 40 us pulse on times are possible.

Thanks,

Siddharth.

0 Likes

Hi Siddarth,

Just to confirm the MO board that you sell comes with 5.6nF, which does not allow for 5, 10, 20 and 40us, which the MO firmware gives the option for? So if I was to buy that board and set the register as 40us it would not work?

0 Likes
Siddharth_H

Hi @nDonnelly ,

No, 40 us will not work with the board you will buy. If you want 40us, you will have to replace the onboard resistors.

Thanks,

Siddharth.

0 Likes