Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kaktuslord
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Hi,

I would like to program my MCU7 baseboard with a BGT60LTR11AIP in C/C++ without the radar fusion gui. I have read several forums, the SDK documentation and the user manuals/beginner guides.
Unfortunately, I am still not quite sure:

- Is it possible to program the MCU7 baseboard with an IDE and access the sensor that way? If so, which one? Do I need my own debugger or is it possible with plug and pla via USB from the baseboard? I have tried it with Micro Chip Studio, but it does not recognize the chip.

- Question about the Python wrapper: What can I do with it? Can I set the Sensnor according to my preferences and then read the raw data?

- How can I generally process the data in a C/C++ program?

Greeding,

Daniel

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello @Kaktuslord,

1. Yes, you can use the Radar Fusion GUI to flash firmware on the Radar Baseboard MCU7. After installing the latest version of Radar Fusion GUI and the RDK package, you can follow the steps shown in the images below:

Step-1: Select Flash Firmware from Device tab

Pugitha_N_0-1707814725503.png

Step-2: A flashing window will pop up to allow firmware flashing, as shown below. Simply click on "Flash" to proceed.

Pugitha_N_3-1707815398447.png

Step-3: Once the flashing process is complete, click on "Finish". If the Baseboard is connected with the Shield, an icon will appear on the GUI to connect. Click on the icon, and you will be directed to several tabs with displayed data.

Pugitha_N_4-1707815611981.png

1. No, you will not require any debugger for flashing the firmware. You just need to connect the board to your PC via USB.

2. The following directory contains Python examples with different shields, but there are no Python examples available right now for reading raw data with the BGT60LTR11AIP. However, you can use the C example instead to read raw data.

Pugitha_N_5-1707816028821.png

4. To compile and build the C/C++ examples and obtain the data, please refer to the RDK documentation located under the following directory: C:\Users\XYZ\Infineon\Tools\Radar-Development-Kit\3.5.1.202310261055\assets\software\radar_sdk\radar_sdk\doc.

Please note that the firmware remains the same regardless of which shield you connect.

Best Regards,

Pugitha

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Pugitha_N
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello @Kaktuslord,

1. Yes, you can use the Radar Fusion GUI to flash firmware on the Radar Baseboard MCU7. After installing the latest version of Radar Fusion GUI and the RDK package, you can follow the steps shown in the images below:

Step-1: Select Flash Firmware from Device tab

Pugitha_N_0-1707814725503.png

Step-2: A flashing window will pop up to allow firmware flashing, as shown below. Simply click on "Flash" to proceed.

Pugitha_N_3-1707815398447.png

Step-3: Once the flashing process is complete, click on "Finish". If the Baseboard is connected with the Shield, an icon will appear on the GUI to connect. Click on the icon, and you will be directed to several tabs with displayed data.

Pugitha_N_4-1707815611981.png

1. No, you will not require any debugger for flashing the firmware. You just need to connect the board to your PC via USB.

2. The following directory contains Python examples with different shields, but there are no Python examples available right now for reading raw data with the BGT60LTR11AIP. However, you can use the C example instead to read raw data.

Pugitha_N_5-1707816028821.png

4. To compile and build the C/C++ examples and obtain the data, please refer to the RDK documentation located under the following directory: C:\Users\XYZ\Infineon\Tools\Radar-Development-Kit\3.5.1.202310261055\assets\software\radar_sdk\radar_sdk\doc.

Please note that the firmware remains the same regardless of which shield you connect.

Best Regards,

Pugitha