Position2Go Range Profile

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
kma
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Hi,

I'm using Position2Go in my project. I also use the Radar GUI and the provided MatLab library to collect and process data. One scenario in my project is to record the signal strength at a specific distance and observe the change over time. Currently I'm using the MatLab function from "ComLib_Matlab_Interface > RadarSystemExamples > ParseRawDataFile > f_parse_data.m" to parse the range profile (frequency domain) and extract the signal strength at a specific distance over time. Here is a plot from one of my experiments:

bin-3.png

And the following diagram shows the experiment setup:

diagram.png

So the radar was placed 1.5 m from a table. A person walks to the table every 1 min and immediately returns to the start point. The start point of the person was outside the FoV of the radar. The experiment was conducted in an open area where there were no other objects in the FoV other than the person and the table. The first plot shows the reflected signal strength at 1.5 m (same distance as the table). 

The question is that now I can clearly see in the plot when the person walks into the FoV of the radar, which caused a huge spike in the reflection power. However, the baseline didn't fall back to the start point after the 3rd time. Is there any mechanism in the radar firmware/software that tries to "focus" on the detected object because it is designed for object tracking? I'm pretty sure the surrounding environment didn't change and the person was the only moving target in the experiment. 

I also attached the raw data file recorded by the Radar GUI software to the question for reference.

Any information would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hello @kma ,

In the Matlab experiment please reduce the maximum range and ensure that tracking is disabled.

Also while recording data using Radar GUI please reduce the maximum range (say to 2.0 m) in the DSP settings and disable the tracking. Reduce the RX PGA Level in Device settings for avoiding any false detection.

Let us know your findings so that we can help you solve this issue.

Thanks and regards

George

View solution in original post

3 Replies
George_T

Hello @kma ,

In the Matlab experiment please reduce the maximum range and ensure that tracking is disabled.

Also while recording data using Radar GUI please reduce the maximum range (say to 2.0 m) in the DSP settings and disable the tracking. Reduce the RX PGA Level in Device settings for avoiding any false detection.

Let us know your findings so that we can help you solve this issue.

Thanks and regards

George

kma
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Thanks a lot! It's working properly now.

0 Likes
George_T

Hello @kma,

Glad to know that.

Best regards

George

0 Likes