Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MoRo
Employee
Employee
10 likes given First like received 5 questions asked

Hi,

I would like to ask a question related to the BGT60TR13C. I got a DEMO BGT60TR13C with sensor.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/demo-bgt60tr13c/

I would like to use this sensor to detect the behavior of plant like growth and water absorption when I implemented a sensor close to it.

Furthermore, I would like to read the data comes from the sensor via microcontroller and then send them through the internet to inform and monitoring the behavior of plant like tomato or bell-pepper while  growth.

I would like to ask my question as below:

1- How can I understand which setting is suitable for sensor to detect my target as well as possible?

2- DEMO BGT60TR13C provides several communication pinouts like ADC, SPI, I2C, UART. But I do not know the register address, I will be happy if you guide me how to read the comes out of sensor with the another microcontroller?

3- the documentation of sensor is not enough to understand how to handle it in some special way like me. Please guide me?

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @MoRo , 

To detect a plant and its growth, two things you need to consider which is RCS of the target and Sampling rate to detect micro-motion since the plant growth will be very slow. 
The RCS of BGT60TR13C is around 1 m^2 applicable for human target. So it will be difficult to detect smaller plants.

The DEMO_BGT60TR13C already has a baseboard which enables communication between BGT60TR13C radar sensor and host. You can read directly the sensor output using the USB and develop your algorithm on top of the raw data received.

We have example codes for BGT60LTR13C which you can refer. For that you have to download Infineon Developer Center,  and there search for Radar Development Kit and install it.
After installing RDK, open the app, you will be directed to a web page. Go to Software and Documentation and download Software.
Unzip the downloaded file, you'll get a folder named RDK-TOOLS-SW. Go to RDK-TOOLS-SW > SDK, where you will find example applications.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Yashraj_P

Hi @MoRo , 

To detect a plant and its growth, two things you need to consider which is RCS of the target and Sampling rate to detect micro-motion since the plant growth will be very slow. 
The RCS of BGT60TR13C is around 1 m^2 applicable for human target. So it will be difficult to detect smaller plants.

The DEMO_BGT60TR13C already has a baseboard which enables communication between BGT60TR13C radar sensor and host. You can read directly the sensor output using the USB and develop your algorithm on top of the raw data received.

We have example codes for BGT60LTR13C which you can refer. For that you have to download Infineon Developer Center,  and there search for Radar Development Kit and install it.
After installing RDK, open the app, you will be directed to a web page. Go to Software and Documentation and download Software.
Unzip the downloaded file, you'll get a folder named RDK-TOOLS-SW. Go to RDK-TOOLS-SW > SDK, where you will find example applications.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
MoRo
Employee
Employee
10 likes given First like received 5 questions asked

Dear Yashraj,

Thank you for your reply. I will read the documents definitely.

If I understand true, I need to use this scenario for the irrigation attraction, I have to consider plants larger than 1 m^2. 

And one more thing, If I would like to show the output of the changes into a file or graph, the Radar Fusion GUI would be useful or enough?

My question is exactly, the Radar Fusion GUI is enough to run a specific purpose as well?

Thank you for your attention.

regards,

Mohammad

0 Likes
Yashraj_P

Hi @MoRo ,

Radar Fusion GUI is capable of live plots, of the data it is sensing through the Radar. It will also work in specific setting.
If you wish to record the data, it only records raw data and not the plots.

Thanks and regrds,
Yashraj

0 Likes
yicoto2549
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

You can detect plant growth by using this software because I already used this software. If you are confused and find it difficult to download this software, you can contact freelance web developer dubai  for help.

0 Likes
Yashraj_P

Hi @MoRo ,

We are locking this thread due to inactivity. If you have further questions please create a new thread.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes