Open multiple bgt60tr13c radar sensors by defining port or uuid with the radar sdk on ubuntu 20

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Alex6
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello!

For a use case i must open multiple bgt60tr13c radar sensors in parallel so i need to create multiple device handles and i found  the two followed  functons in the radar SDK that seem to open a specific device, but i did not figure out how to pass the parameters in the correct way.

Could someone please help me which function " ifx_avian_create_by_port()" or " ifx_avian_create_by_uuid()" is the better choice on an ubuntu20 system and how to obtain the uuid, respectively how the port needs to be specified in the function call.

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
25 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello @Alex6,

The following API " ifx_avian_create_by_port()" can be used to connect the sensor using port in ubuntu system.

Check for the open port in your system which is connected to radar, naming ttyACM and follow the steps shown in below figure to connect the sensor. ttyACM will be followed by the port number. Example: ttyACM0 

NarraPugitha_0-1674804499868.png

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pugitha_N
25 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello @Alex6,

The following API " ifx_avian_create_by_port()" can be used to connect the sensor using port in ubuntu system.

Check for the open port in your system which is connected to radar, naming ttyACM and follow the steps shown in below figure to connect the sensor. ttyACM will be followed by the port number. Example: ttyACM0 

NarraPugitha_0-1674804499868.png

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes