Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Santosh1
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins First like given

Hello,

I am currently using the demo "bgt60tr13c," and when I ran the example code "range-angle-map.py," I noticed that the map displays random noise (please refer to the attached screenshot) when there is no object in front of the radar. However, when an object is placed in front of the radar, the noise disappears. Could you please explain the reason for this behaviour and suggest a solution to resolve it?

Santosh1_0-1699279575179.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Santosh1 ,

The precision of object detection is quiet precise when the object is inside of the maximum range. The range-angle plot is designed to detect the maximum signal from the target, which can lead to detecting a target based on noise. However, to improve the performance of the object detection system, advanced threshold techniques can be applied. One such technique involves adjusting the sampling rate from 1 MHz to 2 MHz. By doing this, the system can filter out noise and improve the accuracy of the object detection system. 

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Santosh1 ,

The precision of object detection is quiet precise when the object is inside of the maximum range. The range-angle plot is designed to detect the maximum signal from the target, which can lead to detecting a target based on noise. However, to improve the performance of the object detection system, advanced threshold techniques can be applied. One such technique involves adjusting the sampling rate from 1 MHz to 2 MHz. By doing this, the system can filter out noise and improve the accuracy of the object detection system. 

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes