My BGT60LTR11AIP Demo board is not detected in Device Manager

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
walterwhite
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like received 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I have a BGT60LTR11AIP 60GHz radar board with me, and I find when I plug the board into my PC via USB... my PC does not detect the DEMO board. I've installed the Radar GUI tool… But it can detect the board, simply because the USB is not enumerating.  I do see the board powered up when I plug it into USB. The radar shield is working where it can detect the motion of my hand moving towards or away, and it shows red or green LED light depending on the motion. But apart from that… Nothing else, board is not detected in Device Manager, so can't be detected in Radar GUI.

Is anything missed with trying to run this board? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins

Hi @walterwhite,

let's try to reset the demo kit, and mainly the Radar Baseboard MCU7, following these steps:

1.  Connect the demo kit to the PC via USB.
  2. Reset the board by connecting the TP1 erase pin to the 3.3V pin for 3 seconds, as illustrated in the attached picture. (You can do that by using a male to male wire.)
  3. Disconnect the board from the USB port and plug it back.  
  4. Go to Radar GUI -> Device -> Flash Firmware -> Select Device: BGT60LTR11AIP -> Select Firmware: RadarBaseboardMCU7_v117.bin. The FW image link should be automatically added. (Otherwise, you can find it in the "BGT60LTR11AIP-DOC-HW-SW" zipped folder after extracting it.)
  5. Flash Firmware.
  6. Once the firmware is successfully flashed, the device would be automatically connected to Radar GUI. 

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins

Hi @walterwhite,

let's try to reset the demo kit, and mainly the Radar Baseboard MCU7, following these steps:

1.  Connect the demo kit to the PC via USB.
  2. Reset the board by connecting the TP1 erase pin to the 3.3V pin for 3 seconds, as illustrated in the attached picture. (You can do that by using a male to male wire.)
  3. Disconnect the board from the USB port and plug it back.  
  4. Go to Radar GUI -> Device -> Flash Firmware -> Select Device: BGT60LTR11AIP -> Select Firmware: RadarBaseboardMCU7_v117.bin. The FW image link should be automatically added. (Otherwise, you can find it in the "BGT60LTR11AIP-DOC-HW-SW" zipped folder after extracting it.)
  5. Flash Firmware.
  6. Once the firmware is successfully flashed, the device would be automatically connected to Radar GUI. 

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Montassar.

I did following the steps but in the steps 4 RADAR GUI displayed "cannot find device". Moreover, after I did steps 3, there is no LED light on the broad.

Visky_0-1646625103107.png

0 Likes
walterwhite
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like received 10 sign-ins

@Montassar-BR Thanks for the hint. My BGT60LTR11AIP Demo board is now detected and I can see live data using the Radar GUI.

0 Likes