Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Santosh1
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins First like given

I'm using a BGT60TR13C radar and Reviewing the discussion on the forum thread found at:
https://community.infineon.com/t5/Code-Examples/Extracting-raw-data-from-multiple-radar-sensors-with...
For my application, I will be using two radars to get more accurate AOA values, and hence the radiation field of each sensor shall overlap. I have the following queries:

1. Is it possible that the radars shall interfere with each other considering my configurations are the same? If yes, for the following configuration (Customized for a short range of 42 cm), what parameter do i have to change to make sure both radars don't interfere with each other without impacting the maximum range of radar?

config = Avian.DeviceConfig(
sample_rate_Hz = 1_000_000, # 1MHZ
rx_mask = 7, # activate RX1 and RX3
tx_mask = 1, # activate TX1
if_gain_dB = 33, # gain of 33dB
tx_power_level = 31, # TX power level of 31
start_frequency_Hz = 58e9, # 58GHz
end_frequency_Hz = 63.5e9, # 63.5GHz
num_chirps_per_frame = 128, # 128 chirps per frame
num_samples_per_chirp = 32, # 32 samples per chirp
chirp_repetition_time_s = 0.000750, # 0.5ms
frame_repetition_time_s = 0.100, # 0.15s, frame_Rate = 6.667Hz
mimo_mode = 'off' # MIMO disabled
)

2. In the above-mentioned thread data from BGT60TR13C is read first followed by BGT60ATR24C and these processes are sequential. Is it possible to read both radars (In my case two BGT60TR13C ) in the same instance (Parallel execution) in Python on a desktop computer?

3. Does radar SDK provide any example code or reference to fusing data of two radar?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Siddharth_H
100 solutions authored 50 likes received First question asked

Hello @Santosh1 ,

1) Radars operating at the same frequency at the same time will interfere with each other. But, just like the code example if they are operated one after other ( sequentially or say "interleaved") then there will not be problem of interference. 

In case you want them operate at the same time with overlapped FOV, the frequencies they operate at must be different. Once you change the frequency, you can play around with other configurations (sample_per_chirp for example) to compensate the range.

2)  To be able to parallelly acquire the data of two radars, you should run two scripts simultaneously for this you can go for a multithreading/ running two codes on two different CPU cores. 

Here, reading radars one after the other solves the interference issue, while also achieving radar data frame rate of 30 for each device (as I tested on rpi4) .

3)   Does radar SDK provide any example code or reference to fusing data of two radar --> NO, if you can elaborate the requirement, we can try to help.

Thanks,

Siddharth.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Siddharth_H
100 solutions authored 50 likes received First question asked

Hello @Santosh1 ,

1) Radars operating at the same frequency at the same time will interfere with each other. But, just like the code example if they are operated one after other ( sequentially or say "interleaved") then there will not be problem of interference. 

In case you want them operate at the same time with overlapped FOV, the frequencies they operate at must be different. Once you change the frequency, you can play around with other configurations (sample_per_chirp for example) to compensate the range.

2)  To be able to parallelly acquire the data of two radars, you should run two scripts simultaneously for this you can go for a multithreading/ running two codes on two different CPU cores. 

Here, reading radars one after the other solves the interference issue, while also achieving radar data frame rate of 30 for each device (as I tested on rpi4) .

3)   Does radar SDK provide any example code or reference to fusing data of two radar --> NO, if you can elaborate the requirement, we can try to help.

Thanks,

Siddharth.

0 Likes