Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rupert
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello, 

I've read a lot on this forum and I have not found all the information i'm looking for. I'm trying to do recordings with matlab. I've currently modified the "presence detection" code in the SDK. Let's say I'm at 50 CM from the radar, I extract the power of the fft bin to which 50cm corresponds. What does the power correspond to ? Is it the value i need to use to know if my chest is approching or getting further from the radar ?

I guess my question is : is the power value of the range fft what allows us to know the velocity and direction of an object ? If it's not the case I do not understand how you retrieve speed values from this radar. I used to use the distance2go but I had I/Q information. Only having the I information from the radar has made me loose all my senses

I hope I was clear. I will willingly give more information if necessary.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @rupert ,

Apologies for the delay in response

Please refer to the RDK Documentation (file:///C:/Infineon/Tools/Radar%20Development%20Kit/3.4.0.202304250920/assets/software/radar_sdk/rad... )to understand the raw data processing. Refer to the sections Algorithm Supported by Radar SDK and Example application>> presence detection app 

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @rupert ,

Apologies for the delay in response

Please refer to the RDK Documentation (file:///C:/Infineon/Tools/Radar%20Development%20Kit/3.4.0.202304250920/assets/software/radar_sdk/rad... )to understand the raw data processing. Refer to the sections Algorithm Supported by Radar SDK and Example application>> presence detection app 

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes