Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
fabulous
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Dear Community,

while using the BGT60ATR24C two questions came up, which I could not solve so far, maybe you can help me.

I have created the used register configuration with the Sensing GUI and I have attached the exported register file below.

1. MIMO Mode (TX1 + TX2)

I want to use 4 RX antennas with 2 TX antennas, reading the data as described in the datasheet (shown in datasheet.png):

TX1:RX1 -> TX1:RX2 -> TX1:RX3 -> TX1:RX4 ->

TX2:RX1 -> TX2:RX2 -> TX2:RX3 -> TX2:RX4

I noticed that TX1/2:RXn (n = [1,2,3,4]) have the same magnitude and phase, which made me think that maybe TX2 is not activated and only the TX1 antenna is transmitting.

Now I ask myself if I have set a wrong configuration in the Radar config GUI or if I have to set a special register value? Could you please give me a short explanation how the two TX antennas work? Is it necassary to set a second shape to use two TX antennas and how can I extract the data to the corresponding antenna?

2. Frame Start and Frame Count

I also have questions about the data acquisition process, because currently I have to set the Frame_Start register every time after reading a chip and additionally I have to set the FIFO_RESET register every time, which leads to the fact that the frame count I get from the data header is always 0.

My current flow looks like this:
1. set all configured registers from the register file.
2. start data acquisition with Frame_Start register.
3. read the data from the FIFO.
4. trigger FIFO_RESET and retrigger Frame_Start.
5. peridodic repetition of 3. and 4.

Here it would be very helpful if you could tell me what I might have configured wrong, that it is not possible to do a continuous data acquisition after the frame is started and how I can use the frame count. Or a short description, in which sequence which registers have to be set so that a continuous reading of the data is made possible without it must be permanently restarted.

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Fabian

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @fabulous ,

1. For MIMO setup chose Shape 1 for TX1 antenna and Shape 2 for TX2 antenna as shown in figure below
    Antenna.PNG

2. In case of data acquisition process, the 'trigger' happens to be an important parameter which starts the execution of the frame. Please note that you may not be able to acquire data without the initiation of the trigger. Additionally, regarding FIFO operation, please refer section 2.3 of AN604_SensingGUI_V1.1. Also, your current flow regarding frame count and frame start looks okay. Although, continuous acquisition may not be possible but you maybe able to acquire data sequentially by putting your stated sequence in a loop. Do note that you'll have to try out the same at your end.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @fabulous ,

1. For MIMO setup chose Shape 1 for TX1 antenna and Shape 2 for TX2 antenna as shown in figure below
    Antenna.PNG

2. In case of data acquisition process, the 'trigger' happens to be an important parameter which starts the execution of the frame. Please note that you may not be able to acquire data without the initiation of the trigger. Additionally, regarding FIFO operation, please refer section 2.3 of AN604_SensingGUI_V1.1. Also, your current flow regarding frame count and frame start looks okay. Although, continuous acquisition may not be possible but you maybe able to acquire data sequentially by putting your stated sequence in a loop. Do note that you'll have to try out the same at your end.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

fabulous
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Dear Honey,

thank you for your response! I think this solves my issues.

Best,

Fabian

0 Likes