Layout guide for BGT60LTR11AIP chip on board

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MingHBK
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - Weikeng(GC)
First like received 5 likes given 25 sign-ins

Hi Sir

we are supporting customer to design BGT60LTR11AIP chip on board . 

may I know if the bottom of the chip have any layout guide line of it?

the bottom of the chip with "flipchip" ,

does it have any rule for the top of the layer with the chip ? need to keep copper out ? or isolate form the layer ?

can we route any trace on the top layer that touch to the flipchip?

MingHBK_1-1696406364716.png

MingHBK_0-1696405984026.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
El_Hares
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hello @MingHBK ,

The flipchip part doesn't affect the routing below it. I measured it and it´s 2 mm wide (X axis) and 1.75 mm high (Y axis).

You can route any trace on top layer below the flipchip part. It will never touch it, because the height of the soldered balls in our BGA package is higher than the flipchip part.

Based on our simulations, leaving cooper out below the chip improves the radiation pattern so we don't extend any cooper pour below the radar chip.

Best regards,

Alejandro.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
El_Hares
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hello @MingHBK ,

The flipchip part doesn't affect the routing below it. I measured it and it´s 2 mm wide (X axis) and 1.75 mm high (Y axis).

You can route any trace on top layer below the flipchip part. It will never touch it, because the height of the soldered balls in our BGA package is higher than the flipchip part.

Based on our simulations, leaving cooper out below the chip improves the radiation pattern so we don't extend any cooper pour below the radar chip.

Best regards,

Alejandro.

0 Likes