Increasing the Chirps Position2Go

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mll156
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,  

I am currently using the Position2Go and found that to increase the number of chirps above 16, I need to decrease the number of samples per chirp in the config.h. If I keep the samples per chirp at 256 while increasing the number of chirps, the extract data C code exits with error "\Debug\Extract_Data.exe (process 9660) exited with code -1."  (All the other default values from the config.h are unchanged)

Is there a way to have 64 chirps with 256 samples?

Thank you! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
25 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello @mll156,

(Chirps per frame) x (samples per chirp) <= 2^12 (resolution of ADC is 12 bit).

Combinations of these parameters should be selected wisely such that it should follow the above expression.

In case, if you want to set these parameters to maximum values i.e., number of chirps and samples per chirps to 64 and 256 respectively, this will cause overflow of the device memory buffer as 64 x 256 > 2^12. 

Best Regards,

Narra Pugitha.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pugitha_N
25 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello @mll156,

(Chirps per frame) x (samples per chirp) <= 2^12 (resolution of ADC is 12 bit).

Combinations of these parameters should be selected wisely such that it should follow the above expression.

In case, if you want to set these parameters to maximum values i.e., number of chirps and samples per chirps to 64 and 256 respectively, this will cause overflow of the device memory buffer as 64 x 256 > 2^12. 

Best Regards,

Narra Pugitha.

0 Likes