Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ParthSuthar14
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I am using BGT60TR13C Radar. Is developing a presence detection application other than Infinion or cypress MCU possible? They are providing an application on Infineon or cypress MCU platform.. I went through their project but those are compiled code and can not port in other MCU. am I missing something or is there another way to do this? I want to use ESP32 as MCU. 

I found one git repo for this but can not able to compile on my PC. https://github.com/nepaldigitalsystems/sensor-xensiv-bgt60trxx_esp32.git

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello @ParthSuthar14,

Apologies, we don't have example source codes to do processing on ESP32. You have to develop the code at your end as the source codes are restricted for mtb_radar_sensing.h and presence detection algorithm.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Pugitha_N

Hello @ParthSuthar14,

DEMO BGT60TR13C  features Infineon’s 60GHz XENSIV™ radar sensor BGT60TR13C integrated with Radar Baseboard MCU7. You can run various applications like presence detection, segmentation, etc. on the board using Radar Development Kit. After installing the package refer to the doc folder present in radar_sdk directory to get  started with the demo board.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
ParthSuthar14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pugitha,

Thank you for your quick response. I am able to run all those demos with my kit. I am able to port that MCU7 code to the ESP32 and now it is working fine over UART to given radar SDK applications like raw data and presence sensing. Here my question is all the processing is happening in the host PC app while I want to do processing on ESP32 all FFT and those? There is a CSK kit also which has cypress MCU but the code for them is compiled so I  can not port them in ESP32. 

Thank you,

Parth Suthar

0 Likes
ParthSuthar14
Level 1
Level 1

To be more precise of the above question. where can I find the definition of the function provided in mrb_radar_sensing.h file like /**
* @brief This function processes time domain data acquired from radar. \ref mtb_radar_sensing_enable must be called
* prior to using this function. Must be called periodically from your main loop.
* @param context Context of radar.
* @param timestamp System timestamp that will be used to approximate event timestamps in milliseconds.
* @return cy_rslt_t A success or a failure status.
*/
cy_rslt_t mtb_radar_sensing_process(const mtb_radar_sensing_context_t *context, mtb_radar_sensing_timestamp_t timestamp);

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @ParthSuthar14,

Apologies, we don't have example source codes to do processing on ESP32. You have to develop the code at your end as the source codes are restricted for mtb_radar_sensing.h and presence detection algorithm.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
ParthSuthar14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, @Pugitha_N ,

Thank you for letting me know about this so I can divert my effort on development rather than searching for the source code.  

Here, I also want to take movement and ask another question. if need another thread please let me know. RDK also has the presence detection code it does not have all the functions but, can we port that in the ESP32. 

Thank you,

Parth Suthar.

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @ParthSuthar14,

Yes, you can take the reference of presence detection algorithm present in RDK but you can't directly port it as the algorithm is linked with the functions of strata which runs on host.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes