How to use two BGT60ATR24C without interference

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
h_nakamura
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
First comment on KBA 10 solutions authored 50 questions asked

•We are considering a configuration that uses the same clock for the HOST MCU and Radar as a method of using two radar MMICs without interference under the rule that the time rate at which radio waves can be emitted within any 33 ms is within 10%.

•Is it possible to avoid interference by issuing HW Rest from the HOST MCU to two radar MMICs with a time lag so that each radar MMIC will operate without interference even with the same chap frame configuration? Will this method be affected by secular variation?

•Is there any other good way?

h_nakamura_0-1653465791310.png

Best regards,

H.N

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @h_nakamura ,

HW reset cleans the settings. After HW reset, radar should be reprogrammed and triggered to start transmit/receive sequence.
After the trigger signal, radar starts chirp sequence and acquire IF radar data.
In order to avoid interference, delay between the trigger signals should be adjusted.

Trigger can be applied with "FRAME_START" bit in MAIN register.

In MATLAB Radar System API, chirp sequence can be triggered through the endpoint command "oRS.oEPRadarBGT60TRxx.trigger_sequence"

Hope this helps !

Best regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @h_nakamura ,

We are looking into this from our side. Will get back to you soon. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @h_nakamura ,

Sorry for the delay in response. 

If common clock and reset signals are used for both radar devices, they can be used simultaneously without any interference. Interchirp timings should be carefully adjusted to obtain an operation within 33 ms and 10% duty cycle. Basically, only HW reset does not affect the timing. After HW reset, when triggering the sensors, proper delay should be used to avoid interference. For example, with 200us chirp-to-chirp time, 100us delay between the trigger signals can be used.

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
h_nakamura
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
First comment on KBA 10 solutions authored 50 questions asked

Hi, Deepa,

Thanks for your reply. I have some questions.

Please let me know what do you mean “without any interface” of “…, they can be used simultaneously without any interface.”
Please let me know what do you mean “ ..to avoid interface” of “when triggering the sensors, proper delay should be used to avoid interface.”
Is it "interference"?

Regarding “After HW reset, when triggering the sensors, proper delay should be used to avoid interface.”
=>I understood “HW reset does not affect the timing.” So how do I trigger the sensor?

Best regards,

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @h_nakamura ,

HW reset cleans the settings. After HW reset, radar should be reprogrammed and triggered to start transmit/receive sequence.
After the trigger signal, radar starts chirp sequence and acquire IF radar data.
In order to avoid interference, delay between the trigger signals should be adjusted.

Trigger can be applied with "FRAME_START" bit in MAIN register.

In MATLAB Radar System API, chirp sequence can be triggered through the endpoint command "oRS.oEPRadarBGT60TRxx.trigger_sequence"

Hope this helps !

Best regards,

Deepa