How to use Distance2Go demo board for Vital Signs Measurement?

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Doha_Uddin
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello everyone. I am using the distance2go demo board V 1.1. I want to know if its possible to measure vital signs such as heart rate and breathing rate using the distance2go board. I am able to extract the raw I and Q data using the Matlab interface. My queries are as follows

1. What should be the minimum distance of subject from the board to measure vital signs as the minimum range detection is 50 cm?

2.How to process the I and Q signals to successfully measure vital signs?

Thank you.

Regards

Doha

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Doha_Uddin ,

Please note that Demo Distance2Go is a discontinued product as stated : https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/Discontinued-Products-XENSIV-Radar-mmWave-24GHz-DEMO-... , thus we are transferring our support capabilities towards the new kits. For the discontinued kits, we will reduce and eventually stop our support including telephone, chat, community support forum, or e-mail inquiries. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For vital sensing we would recommend you to consider BGT60TR13C which is also an FMCW based radar with many capabilities and support in terms of algorithm and code examples

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Doha_Uddin ,

Please note that Demo Distance2Go is a discontinued product as stated : https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/Discontinued-Products-XENSIV-Radar-mmWave-24GHz-DEMO-... , thus we are transferring our support capabilities towards the new kits. For the discontinued kits, we will reduce and eventually stop our support including telephone, chat, community support forum, or e-mail inquiries. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For vital sensing we would recommend you to consider BGT60TR13C which is also an FMCW based radar with many capabilities and support in terms of algorithm and code examples

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes