How to get raw data from Sense2GoL Pulse

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
prenz69
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi,

I'm using the Sense2GoL pulse and need to get raw data from it rather than on the GUI. Can someone please help me in this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @prenz69 ,

You just have to install Radar Sense2GoL Pulse Kit from the Infineon Developer Center which will generate a folder in your PC in relation to the same. Then please navigate to Firmware_Software\Communication Library which includes the ComLib_C_Interface and the ComLib_Matlab_Interface. You can use either of the ComLib interfaces to retrieve the raw data from the board. 

Hope this helps !

Best regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @prenz69 ,

You just have to install Radar Sense2GoL Pulse Kit from the Infineon Developer Center which will generate a folder in your PC in relation to the same. Then please navigate to Firmware_Software\Communication Library which includes the ComLib_C_Interface and the ComLib_Matlab_Interface. You can use either of the ComLib interfaces to retrieve the raw data from the board. 

Hope this helps !

Best regards,

Deepa

Thank you for the reply. If I need these data for some kind of analysis, how can I copy-paste them to an excel file? 

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @prenz69 ,

If you are using the ComLib_C_Interface, to save the data into an excel file, you can modify the function process_received_data as shown which would allow you to save the received data into a file ‘data.csv’.

Deepa_V_0-1669709455160.png

And if you are using the ComLib_Matlab_Interface, you just have to export the variables in ‘mxRawData’ to an external file in the same way as done for the ComLib_C_Interface. You can use the saved data, as required, for your processing. 

Hope this helps !

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you very much. I proceeded with MatLab. Can you tell me if there is any way to get the distance of the detected object? I saw that velocity is recorded. Is there any MatLab function I can use to get the distance also.

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @prenz69 ,

Since the Sense2GoL Pulse is a doppler based radar, it won't be able to provide you the distance information. If you would like to get that information, then please try out the Distance2GoL demo board which operates as a Software controlled FMCW Radar and is capable of providing you the stated information.

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes

Hi, 

Can you let me know how I can turn on some other output pin when an object is approaching instead of turning on the onboard LEDs?

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @prenz69 ,

Yes, you can do that by identifying the possible output pin which has not been configured from the schematics (IFX_S2GLP-HW-SW_V2.0.0\Hardware\Schematics) and programming it using the DAVE IDE (IFX_S2GLP-HW-SW_V2.0.0\Firmware_Software\DAVE project).

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,

Deepa 

0 Likes