How can Distance2go demo board measure the very close movements such as 1-10cm.

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LusionLv
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

When I use the Distance2go demo board , when I measure an object that moves one centimeter at a time, it can measure the approximate waveform but seems to be periodic.

I want to know how to process the I/Q data which I get from the matlab 'extract_raw_data.m' ,  I want to figure out how to use the distance2go demo board to measure the 1 cm movement by process the I/Q data.

Please help me.

With my best wishes.

lusionlv@163.com

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @LusionLv ,

As per the datasheet the minimum detection range for Distance2Go is 50 cm and hence is not suitable for your application. So for your specific application I would suggest to go with BG60LTR13C which has detection range as per your requirement.

Please refer to this page to have information regarding I/Q data. You can refer to C example codes (comes with IFX_D2G-HW-SW) to understand more about processing the I/Q data. 

Please note that as seen in this thread Distance2Go is discontinued and hence the support will be limited.

Best Regards

George

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
LusionLv
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

LusionLv_0-1655349920112.png

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @LusionLv ,

Could you please clarify which board are you referring to?

Is it Distance2Go or Distance2GoL?

Thanks and regards

George

0 Likes

Hi @George_T ,

Glad to hear from you.

My board is Distance2GO

I wanna use that to measure the movement of one object ,  about 1-10cm.

I can just use the matlab code to get the I/Q raw data, 

but I wanna know how to process the I/Q data then.

Thanks a lot.

lusionlv@163.com

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @LusionLv ,

As per the datasheet the minimum detection range for Distance2Go is 50 cm and hence is not suitable for your application. So for your specific application I would suggest to go with BG60LTR13C which has detection range as per your requirement.

Please refer to this page to have information regarding I/Q data. You can refer to C example codes (comes with IFX_D2G-HW-SW) to understand more about processing the I/Q data. 

Please note that as seen in this thread Distance2Go is discontinued and hence the support will be limited.

Best Regards

George

0 Likes

Hi @George_T ,

Glad to hear from you,

I cannot download the IFX-D2G-HW-SW from the Infineon toolbox,

I can just download the D2GL instead,

1. Can you provide IFX-D2G-HW-SW to me?

2. Also, when I debug the D2GL-HW-SW in the DAVE,

some errors happened, what can i do?

3. I wanna some guide about DAVE , can you provide some Technical Documentations about how to use DAVE

Best wishes,

Thank you!

lusionlv@163.com

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @LusionLv ,

I am really sorry to inform that as the Distance2Go board is discontinued, the IFX-D2G-HW-SW is not currently available for download.

Please note that D2GL-HW-SW can not be used as such for the Distance2Go board. The example projects can be used as reference to understand the implementation and can be adapted to the Distance2Go board in your preferred platform.

Thanks and regards

George

0 Likes