Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Lciv95
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First question asked

Good afternoon to everyone,

I am going to start a project that aims to detect small objects at a range of 2-15 cm far from the radar sensor. I am thinking of starting working with 

• DEMO BGT60TR13C

I would like to perform the signal processing on board on the MCU. I am looking for some signal processing functions or examples implemented to run on the micro-controller.

In a post I read that the radar SDK provided by Infineon for the signal processing is working on the pc side. Is this true?

Are there a tool or some libraries that can help me to implement at least the first processing to get the range-doppler map on the MCU?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Lciv95 ,

The max detection range and min detection range for BGT60TR13C is 15m and 0.2 m respectively, please refer to the product page for information. Yes, all the processing are done on PC side for DEMO BGT60TR13C. Another possibility is to use the CSK kit for the implementation which has in-built presence sensing and might be in sync with the requirement but there is one more possibility of using this library : https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-radar-presence  which is already independent of the host and additionally, this is not a stratula based code and can be ported to MCU7 if you still want to go ahead with it or you can use PSOC6 as your uC. 

Hope this helps!
Best regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Lciv95 ,

The max detection range and min detection range for BGT60TR13C is 15m and 0.2 m respectively, please refer to the product page for information. Yes, all the processing are done on PC side for DEMO BGT60TR13C. Another possibility is to use the CSK kit for the implementation which has in-built presence sensing and might be in sync with the requirement but there is one more possibility of using this library : https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-radar-presence  which is already independent of the host and additionally, this is not a stratula based code and can be ported to MCU7 if you still want to go ahead with it or you can use PSOC6 as your uC. 

Hope this helps!
Best regards,
Honey

Lciv95
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First question asked

This suggestion is very helpful, thank you so much Honey_D.

Best regards,

Lorenzo

0 Likes