Flashing XMC4700 on Distance2GoL using DAVE

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User17
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I am trying to use the DAVE IDE to flash an updated firmware configuration to the XMC4700 on the Distance2GoL demo kit. When I press "debug" (which seems to be the button to press to flash) I keep getting a J-Link driver error even though the Distance2GoL documentation suggests that no J-Link debugger is necessary to flash. Can you help me resolve this? My overall goal is to configure one of the I2C lines on the Distance2GoL with an address, so that I can write to it from an Arduino and eventually receive data from it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @User17 ,

There is an XMC4200 in the Radar Base board which with it's debug USB port is termed as the 'OnBoard debugger'. The debugger section supports communication between a PC/laptop and target XMC™ device via a UART-to-USB bridge. Also, this supports SWD communication as well. For facilitating both the communications on this debugger, you'll essentially require  SEGGER’s J-Link driver.

Hope it helps !

Best Regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @User17 ,

Looks like an issue with the Jlink installation. Please note that the onboard debugger supports two-pin SWD and UART communication. Both require the installation of SEGGER’s J-Link driver, which is part of the DAVE™ installation. During installation of the J-Link driver make sure to select the option “Install USB Driver for J-Link-OB with CDC”, as shown. 

Deepa_V_0-1701346736851.png

Additionally, Please remember to flash connecting to the 'debug' port of the baseboard. 

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
User17
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

What does this mean, " the onboard debugger supports two pin SWD and UART communication"?

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @User17 ,

There is an XMC4200 in the Radar Base board which with it's debug USB port is termed as the 'OnBoard debugger'. The debugger section supports communication between a PC/laptop and target XMC™ device via a UART-to-USB bridge. Also, this supports SWD communication as well. For facilitating both the communications on this debugger, you'll essentially require  SEGGER’s J-Link driver.

Hope it helps !

Best Regards,

Deepa

0 Likes