Error compile Com C lib position2go

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user25192
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello, I need some help regarding the position2go module.

I'm trying to test the "Com_C_lib" example in the package but I'm getting these errors while I compile:

Build/../src/Protocol.c:468: undefined reference to `com_open'

Build/../src/Protocol.c:513: undefined reference to `com_close'

Build/../main.c:70: undefined reference to `com_get_port_list'

I have included all the files in the include and src folders, in addition to adding the paths of the files in the project property but I cannot compile it. I need some clue because I don't know if it requieres to and where to declare them.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins

Yes sure ! Please save the CMakeLists.txt file under the folder:
\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_C_Interface

Build and run the C ComLib Interface example code for Position2Go Demo board. Once executed, the program will print ADC sample values.

Best Regards,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Please refer to the 24 GHz radar tools and development environment user manual  document, Section 4.3 C radar system interface for more details on how to run the coding example.
This could be an IDE constraint that doesn't accept long paths. Please try to get a shorter path for your project.

Best Regards,
Montassar.

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately is not a problem of long paths, I've already tried and the "24 GHz radar tools and development environment user manual " doesn't say or explain much...

4.3.2 How to use
A coding example to interface with the 24 GHz radar board using C communication library, and to extract raw
data, is available (refer to the extract_raw_data.c file). In order to run this coding example, proceed as follows:
 Go to the /Firmware_Software/Communication Library/ComLib_C_Interface/examples folder, and copy
the path.
 Open your appropriate C compiler, then create a C project.
 Import the extract_raw_data.c file, all source *.c files under /ComLib_C_Interface/src and also all header *.h files under /ComLib_C_Interface/include.
 Ensure that your 24 GHz radar board is connected, then Compile and Run your project to see the raw data.
Figure 33 shows the example running on Visual Studio, extracting raw data from a D2G radar board.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, we can not reproduce the reported issue, please double check your project source files, the extract_raw_data.c source file under /examples contains the main program (I see a seperate main.c file in your shared error list.

Best Regards,
Montassar.

0 Likes
lock attach

I am using the DAVE IDE where I create a new project, import the src and include files. The main file is what would be the extract_raw_data.c

0 Likes

Why using DAVE IDE ?
You can easily create and build a New C Project in Microsoft Visual Studio. 

tinymanta_0-1644859309274.png

0 Likes
user25192
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I've already try that and I'm still getting the same problem with "undefined reference to ... " If it works for you, do you mind sharing your files?

0 Likes
lock attach
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee

Yes sure ! Please save the CMakeLists.txt file under the folder:
\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_C_Interface

Build and run the C ComLib Interface example code for Position2Go Demo board. Once executed, the program will print ADC sample values.

Best Regards,
Montassar.

0 Likes