Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jkmark
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked 10 sign-ins

Hi, 

I am using the BGT60TR13C demo board to evaluate the segmentation program.

Using the c compiled app in the RDK 3.4 (..\radar_sdk\apps\c\segmentation\app_segmentation), and go with another JSON setting to expect for 10m detection range (app_segmentation -c "seg_config.json").

Based on the fixed setting (I read article for the setting of num_samples_per_chirp, must be fixed to 128) and calculation formula (desired range = 10m, then Range resolution = 0.15m,  bandwidth = 1GHz)

ttt.JPG

But still can't detect the range over 5m, is there the limitation in the segmentation method or I got misunderstanding?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yaran_W
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi jkmark,

After carefully reading the document, I found that you are right, it looks like that the maximum range for the segmentation application is 5m, see picture below:

Segmentation_Tracking_maxRange.png

BR

Yaran

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Yaran_W

Hi  jkmark,

May I ask what settings of device_config do you refer to? I saw some value are not in the range of which they should be like if_gain_dB:

• if_gain_dB [required]: Amplification factor in decibel that is applied to the IF signal coming from the RF mixer before it is fed into the analog-to-digital converter (ADC). Allowed values are [18-31]

Please set correctly and have a try.

BR

Yaran

0 Likes
jkmark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Yaran,

Thank you for reply.

I got that from Radar Fusion GUI 3.4.0.202304250841 and I checked the RDK 3.4 document that give the description as below.

I tried to set to "30" but still can't detect over 5m.

IF Gain (in dB)

Amplification factor that is applied to the IF signal coming from the RF mixer before it is fed into the ADC (allowed values in the range [18,60]).

if_gain.png

0 Likes
Yaran_W

Hi jkmark,

After carefully reading the document, I found that you are right, it looks like that the maximum range for the segmentation application is 5m, see picture below:

Segmentation_Tracking_maxRange.png

BR

Yaran

0 Likes
jkmark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Yaran,

Got it and thank you for reply.

0 Likes