Distane2Go Question

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20043
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
Hi.

I study the Distance2Go kit.

But,

There are many parts that I do not understand since I used the xmc4200 chip and dave tool for the first time.

I am currently watching FMCW PROJECT.

I am looking at the source based on the MAIN() Function.

This is what I have understood so far.

1. The process_run() function seems to play a role to display in the Radar GUI.

2. The usb processing part of the process_run() function is processed according to the usb communication structure.

3. It seems to process data received by RF with DMA_Event_Handler.

Is the content I understand so far correct?

And I need a little more detailed explanation of process_run function and DMA_Event_Handler.

Help. please
0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received
Hello purestarman,

Please find below explanations to your questions:

1. Within the D2G firmware project, the Host Communication library contains the USB interface on host communication protocol drivers.
protocol_run() function enables mainly the D2G board (XMC device) to communicate with the Radar GUI PC application via USB CDC device
class defining a number of Radar USB Endpoints for data acquisition. The protocol processes received data in this function and dispatches messages to the endpoints. Further information can be found on Protocol.h under \HostCommunication\include\ folder.

2. Within the ComLib protocol all data is sent/received through the communication stream interface, for more details please refer to the Chapter 4.1 of this User Manual

3. Within the D2G firmware 2 DMA channels are configured for the Rx complex data samples (Q1, I1).
When the sampling timer is triggered, the ADC starts sampling data form Rx antenna. Once an ADC sample is ready to be moved to acquisition buffer, DMA transfers are triggered on the VADC result ready event.
This task is repetitive; it will end once reaching the number of required samples per chirp. At that moment, the DMA will stop the transfer process by raising a transfer complete interrupt.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received
Hello purestarman,

Please find below explanations to your questions:

1. Within the D2G firmware project, the Host Communication library contains the USB interface on host communication protocol drivers.
protocol_run() function enables mainly the D2G board (XMC device) to communicate with the Radar GUI PC application via USB CDC device
class defining a number of Radar USB Endpoints for data acquisition. The protocol processes received data in this function and dispatches messages to the endpoints. Further information can be found on Protocol.h under \HostCommunication\include\ folder.

2. Within the ComLib protocol all data is sent/received through the communication stream interface, for more details please refer to the Chapter 4.1 of this User Manual

3. Within the D2G firmware 2 DMA channels are configured for the Rx complex data samples (Q1, I1).
When the sampling timer is triggered, the ADC starts sampling data form Rx antenna. Once an ADC sample is ready to be moved to acquisition buffer, DMA transfers are triggered on the VADC result ready event.
This task is repetitive; it will end once reaching the number of required samples per chirp. At that moment, the DMA will stop the transfer process by raising a transfer complete interrupt.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes
Mohanranga
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

There are many misconceptions about what a computer scientist is. Some people believe that they are nerdy and withdrawn, while others think that they have an innate ability to fix anything electronic. The truth is that computer scientists come from all walks of life and have diverse skillsets. What unites them is their passion for technicalmasterminds.net and their willingness to learn new things. Whether they are developing groundbreaking new software or solving tricky coding challenges, these individuals are always pushing the envelope of what is possible with technology. So if you're ever stuck on a problem, don't be afraid to reach out to a computer scientist - they just might be the best person to help you solve it.

0 Likes