Difference between distancegol and sense2gol

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jong
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am wondering if there are some difference between distance2gol and sense2gol in hardware and software.  

Is it possible to use firmware for distance2go in sense2go module?

In that case, can the sense2go kit be used to measure the distance?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
50 likes received 250 replies posted 5 likes given

Hi @Jong ,

Sense2GoL Pulse and Distance2GoL, even though they use the same microcontroller have different hardware architecture as well as the software principles. Please compare the block diagrams in the previously attached lab manuals. Therefore, you will not be able to use Sense2GoL Pulse to measure distance. Please use Distance2GoL for the same as mentioned earlier. Do understand that the boards are named differently because of their differences in hardware and software i.e. it's not advisable to alter the hardware to work otherwise.

Best regards,

Deepa 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @Jong ,

There is difference in both hardware and software in case of Sense2GoL and Distance2GoL. Kindly refer the block diagrams of the respective boards given in the product manuals : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Sense2GoL_development_kit-PB-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d462636... , https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Distance2GoL_PB-ProductBrief-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46277f.... Therefore, you will not be able to use Sense2GoL to measure distance. Please use Distance2GoL for the same.  

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
Jong
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Thanks for your reply.
I mentioned sens2gol pulse not sense2gol. (I am sorry.)
(
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/demo-sense2gol-pulse/
)
The distance2gol and sense2gol pulse seem to be composed of similar
modules, BGT24LTR11 shield and XMC4700 controller board.
It is difficult to say clearly because I do not see the schematic diagram
of them.
However,because they are composed of similar modules, I guess that two kits
may have slightly different internal HW setting.
I want to know if it is possible for the sense2gol pulse kit to be used to
measure distance like the distance2gol kit by slightly changing the
internal HW setting.
--
Prof. Jong-won Lee (이종원)
School of CSEE, Handong University
0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @Jong ,

Sense2GoL Pulse and Distance2GoL, even though they use the same microcontroller have different hardware architecture as well as the software principles. Please compare the block diagrams in the previously attached lab manuals. Therefore, you will not be able to use Sense2GoL Pulse to measure distance. Please use Distance2GoL for the same as mentioned earlier. Do understand that the boards are named differently because of their differences in hardware and software i.e. it's not advisable to alter the hardware to work otherwise.

Best regards,

Deepa 

0 Likes