Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
awiuk
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

hey

I already know the order of the original data through the last question. I got a Txt file from radar fusion GUI and divided it into three different RX data (rx1, rx2, and rx3 data from left to right on the Matlab image).

I want to know why the image I got is not as same as the GUI  (recorded).

looking forward to your reply!

Jiawei Jia

GUI.pngMATLAB.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yaran_W
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi awiuk,

Please do not worry, GUI is real-time collection, we can not know which frame is shown, your image is correct,  I use your raw data, plot in excel also like this: 

WangYaran_0-1692078366458.png

BR

Yaran

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Yaran_W

Hi awiuk,

May I know exactly how you operate it? Is it just a simple subtraction? For example, RX3-RX2=RX1 data? This may not be feasible. Because the imaging in the GUI at least is processed through the Blackman-Harris window.

You could refer to the following path to find relevant code application examples:

C:\Infineon\Tools\Radar Development Kit\3.4.0.202304250920\assets\software\radar_sdk\radar_sdk\apps\matlab\examples

BR

Yaran

0 Likes
awiuk
Level 1
Level 1

hey Yaran,

thank you for your reply!

In the last Q&A, I got the order of the data as shown in the picture. The work I do is to assign data[0], data[3].. to the Rx1 matrix, data[1], data[4].. to the Rx2 matrix, data[2], data[5]. . Assign it to the Rx3 matrix, and then take the first 64 data (simple value of a chirp I set) from each matrix to get the image.
Is my understanding correct? Or are there other calculations required?

Jiawei Jia

data order.png

0 Likes
awiuk
Level 1
Level 1

In addition, I know that this part (red) is processed, do you mean that this part (green) is also obtained after processing the original data? My main problem is that the Matlab image is not as same as the green part.

GUI (2).png

0 Likes
Yaran_W

hi awiuk,

You are right,  red port is frequency domain, the green part is time domain without any processing.  Change the y axis scale 0 to 1 of your MATLAB image, you will get the same graph with GUI.  

WangYaran_0-1691735814369.png

step1: get raw data
step2: put them into excel
step3: Mark 123123123 in the second column
step4: Plot data marked with 1
Below is my end picture by excel plot for your reference:

WangYaran_1-1691736888622.png

BR

Yaran

0 Likes
awiuk
Level 1
Level 1

hey Yaran,

Thanks for your reply and the example you provided, it helped me a lot.

I noticed that the RX2 image obtained by EXCEL in the example is not consistent with the RX2 image in the GUI (there is no data lower than 0.48 in the GUI, but it exists in the RX2 image). Does this mean that it is normal for the GUI image and the EXCEL image to be inconsistent as long as the extracted data is correct? Or, is there a way to set the GUI image to a certain chirp of a certain frame to verify whether the Excel image is correct?
Thanks again for your patient reply!
Best regards

Jiawei Jia

Yaran_W

Hi awiuk,

You find the important point, because the GUI snipping which I capture is not match with my excel data, so cause it is not consistent with the RX2 image in the GUI.

You could use recording function, below setting window can set the number of frame, then verify  corresponding data plot by excel or MATLAB whatever is fine .

WangYaran_0-1691981361258.png

BR

Yaran

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
awiuk
Level 1
Level 1

hey Yaran,

Thank you for your reply!
I know how to record data, my problem is that the image I get is not the same as the GUI. (Attach the UI image and my image) The Zip file is the data I recorded, can you help me check if the image I got is correct?

GUI.pngMATLAB.png

0 Likes
Yaran_W

Hi awiuk,

Please do not worry, GUI is real-time collection, we can not know which frame is shown, your image is correct,  I use your raw data, plot in excel also like this: 

WangYaran_0-1692078366458.png

BR

Yaran

0 Likes