Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Santosh1
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins First like given

I'm using Demo BGT60TR13C with the radar fusion GUI tool and I have the following queries:

1. Under the application setting upon choosing "Range and angle measurement" " why is the minimum selectable range 0.5 m? My application involves recognizing objects below the range of 50 cm. How can I configure the radar to do so?

2. What is the minimum range of the radar? meaning, what is the minimum distance of the object from radar to be detectable accurately?

3. Why do I only get "max range" and "sensitivity"  as configurable options while using the "Range and angle measurement"? what is the operating frequency of radar in this application?

4. Why while using the "Raw data only" application, Under the use case wizard, is the minimum selectable range resolution 5 cm and not ~3cm? According to the datasheet, the minimum range resolution is ~3 cm.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello @Santosh1,

The algorithm used for measuring range angle has a lower limit of 50cm for detecting distances. Therefore, the radar system has a restriction that prevents it from detecting distances less than 50cm when used for range and angle measurement. The operating frequency range for this particular application is between 61.02 GHz to 61.48 GHz. Although the lower limit of range resolution can be as low as 3cm for BGT60TR13C, this is also dependent on the specific acquisition parameters being used.

Best Regards,

Pugitha

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pugitha_N
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello @Santosh1,

The algorithm used for measuring range angle has a lower limit of 50cm for detecting distances. Therefore, the radar system has a restriction that prevents it from detecting distances less than 50cm when used for range and angle measurement. The operating frequency range for this particular application is between 61.02 GHz to 61.48 GHz. Although the lower limit of range resolution can be as low as 3cm for BGT60TR13C, this is also dependent on the specific acquisition parameters being used.

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes