DEMO BGT60TR13C not being recognized by windows

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Frank-W
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

My DEMO BGT60TR13C just arrived and I cannot wait to try it out.  But for some reason the usb cannot be recognized, neither by my laptop1 (windows 11) nor by laptop2 (window 10).

Usb error message says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)The USB set address request failed.". The LED on the board shows short green blinking. Do I need to install any driver for it? I've searched around but didn't find any information and it seems no one else has ever experienced this problem. Did I miss out anything in the getting-started guide.

Any suggestion is very appreciated.

Best regards,

/Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neo_Lu
50 replies posted 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi, Frank

Thanks for the information.

Could you confirm the USB data cable is good?

In many cases, the data cable can cause the device to be incorrectly recognized.

Neo Lu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Neo_Lu

Hi, 

Neo_Lu_0-1661131506812.png

• If the device is not OK, the USB Error may like this:

Neo_Lu_1-1661132079217.png

In this situation, you can try reinstall the sensor module and test again, as shown below:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BGT60TR13C_Shield-ApplicationNotes-v02_02-EN.pdf?fileId=8ac78... , Page9.

Neo_Lu_2-1661132337474.png

3. If all these cannot solve the problem, the communication between PC and Demo may be wrong.

Hope that will help you,

Neo Lu

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Frank-W
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Neo,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have installed the RDK tools. The usb error (code 43) appears exactly as your picture shows. Reinstallation of sensor didn't help. I've also tried switching to sensor position 2 and it behaved the same. In case that radar sensor is not connected, the LED should blink in red and green alternating. But mine is blinking in green. So I don't think it is related to the bad connection reason.

In addition, I also tried connecting to my raspberry 3B and only one of the four usb ports had sensor usb detected. I've tried all usb ports with other devices and I am pretty sure they are all working fine. But I still got the "IFX_ERROR_NO_DEVICE" error (see the attachment). I've checked that the device (/dev/ ttyACM0) can be detected and my user is in group dialout. 

With all the try-outs on two laptops and a raspberry pi, I am inclined to believe there is something wrong with the board itself. Could it be something related to firmware issues? Can I send it to any Infineon lab in Europe for testing if there is no other working solution. BTW, I am living in Sweden.

Best regards,

/Frank 

0 Likes
Neo_Lu

Hi, Frank

Thanks for the information.

Could you confirm the USB data cable is good?

In many cases, the data cable can cause the device to be incorrectly recognized.

Neo Lu

0 Likes
Frank-W
Level 2
Level 2

It seems like not all usb data cables are suitable for this demo board. Maybe consider including a USB cable in the package or specify the USB current(e.g. ampere) requirement.

0 Likes

Some USB cables contains only USB Vcc and GND (+5V) lines, which can't be used in such demos, since there is no Data lines. Please ensure that you use a USB cable that contains USB Data+ and Data- lines also.

BR,
Montassar.

0 Likes

yes, I am aware of this. The first cable I used also has data wires as I usually use it for data communication with other devices.

Best regards,

/Frank

0 Likes