DEMO BGT60TR13C get Started

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NBRadar
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

i want to write a program in C. Is there any example code for using the register, read the ADC or use the SPI?

The Atmel Studio 7 is recommended. Is there a guide how to get started with this IDE?

Hope you can help me.

Best regards

Norbert

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hello @NBRadar,

The Documentation html file is present in the following path "C:\Infineon\Tools\Radar Development Kit\3.3.1.202211181510\assets\software\radar_sdk\doc". Modules section inside the Radar SDK documentation has the explanation of the API's used in the example applications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Pugitha_N

Hello @NBRadar,

The radar baseboard MCU7 comes with a default firmware that is intended to serve as a bridge between a host (Typically, a PC) and the sensor shields, which are mounted on the sensor connectors. For this, the firmware
implements logic to:
• communicate with the host via USB
• read and write sensor registers
• read sensor data via SPI
• check if a sensor board is plugged into one of the connectors
• read and write the EEPROM on the sensor board (for example, to identify the board)
• control some auxiliary peripherals such as status LEDs on the baseboard and sensor board.
In its current state, the firmware does not implement any signal processing. It can receive messages from the
host telling it how to configure the sensor and it can forward acquire data from the sensor to the host.

The firmware code is available in Radar Development Kit (RDK). Download and install the kit from the following link provided Radar Development Kit.

RDK comes up with an example application app_raw_data, using which you can print the raw data to the console. 

Installation of Atmel Studio 7 is pretty simple and straightforward. After installing the Atmel Studio IDE. Open the RadarBaseboardMCU7.atsln present in the given path C:\Infineon\Tools\Radar Development Kit\3.3.1.202211181510\assets\software\Firmware\targets\atmel\subprojects\RadarBaseboardMCU7. You can build and debug the radar firmware in Atmel Studio. 

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
NBRadar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Pugitha_N,

Thank you for your answer.

But i do not want to change the firmware. I want to connect my PC with the baseboard MCU7 and then I want to read an write the sensor module. I read in the data sheet, that the sensor works with registers. Is there a introduction about the register?
The example code from app_raw_data is hard to understand, because it uses many functions which are not explained. Is there any tutorial, how to write a own application while using this functions or adress the registers directly?

Best Regards

Norbert

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @NBRadar,

The apps present in the radar_sdk directory configures the radar sensor and sets up a function to process the resulting time-data measurement frames based on the default Radar device configuration parameters. The API's used in the application sits on top layer. It provides functions to parameterize and read-
data from the sensor. It creates appropriate SPI packets to apply those parameters to the sensor and
calls the SPI functions from the Hardware Abstraction Layer to initiate the data transfer.

It will be easy for you to use these APIs to get the data out of the sensor. Refer to the documentation present in the doc folder of radar_sdk directory for the explanation of the API's. 

There isn't any sample code given to write the registers directly and it might be a hefty task for you to do.  

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
NBRadar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Pugitha_N,

I can not fiind the documentation of the API's. I installed the Radar Development Kit with all the folders, but i do not know where i find the API documentation. Can you upload it here?

Best regards
Norbert Brinz

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @NBRadar,

The Documentation html file is present in the following path "C:\Infineon\Tools\Radar Development Kit\3.3.1.202211181510\assets\software\radar_sdk\doc". Modules section inside the Radar SDK documentation has the explanation of the API's used in the example applications.

0 Likes