Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Frank-W
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

I intend to use BGT60TR13C to generate FMCW waveforms. As SDK states, FMCW parameters are provided by ifx_Avian_Config_t, which is reflected in "example.py". However, when I looked into "example_cw.py", I got puzzled by the naming "cw" and wondered what the use case/background would be for the "cw". According to the SDK, cw stands for constant wave but cw is also referred to as continous wave in some comments under constant wave functions. By looking at CW config sturcture (below), it doesn't seem like the FMCW configuration parameters. There is very little information in SDK about constant wave. Could you elaborate what CW is and what use case this waveform can benefit rather than FMCW. Thanks in advance!

class DeviceCWConfigStruct(Structure):
"""Wrapper for structure ifx_Avian_CW_Config_t"""
_fields_ = (("tx_mask", c_uint32),
("rx_mask", c_uint32),
("duty_cycle", c_uint8),
("num_of_samples", IntInRangeValueStruct),
("tx_dac_value", IntInRangeValueStruct),
("rf_freq_Hz", Int64InRangeValueStruct),
("sample_rate_range_Hz", IntRangeStruct),
("test_signal_freq_range_Hz", FloatRangeStruct),
("adc_configs", DeviceADCConfigStruct),
("baseband_configs", DeviceBasebandConfigStruct),
("test_signal_configs", DeviceTestSignalGeneratorStruct)) 

Best regards,

/Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neo_Lu
50 replies posted 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi, 

Thank you for the question.

The "CW mode" means continuous wave, in the continuous wave (CW) mode the device will be set to provide a constant output frequency. During CW mode no shapes are executed. 

Hope that will help you,

Neo Lu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Neo_Lu
50 replies posted 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi, 

Thank you for the question.

The "CW mode" means continuous wave, in the continuous wave (CW) mode the device will be set to provide a constant output frequency. During CW mode no shapes are executed. 

Hope that will help you,

Neo Lu

0 Likes