Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jan77
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I have compiled the example programs with cmake on Ubuntu 22.04LTS (x86_64).

I have connected the "DEMO BGT60LTR11AIP" board on USB (/dev/ttyACM0 detected).

When trying one of the apps, I get errors:

jan@work:~/bgt60$ ./app_presence_detection -c presence_detection.json -p /dev/ttyACM0

Radar SDK Version: v3.3.1+.5a07a7626
[2023-04-03 17:30:58] DEBUG: Looking for board on /dev/ttyACM0 ...
[2023-04-03 17:30:58] DEBUG: Opening SerialPort ...
[2023-04-03 17:30:58] DEBUG: Closing SerialPort
[2023-04-03 17:30:58] DEBUG: ... handled Protocol Exception: readPacketStart() - unknown packet type, synchronization lost! [Code: 0x5b000200 / 1526727168]
File:     | RadarDeviceCommon.hpp
Function: | exec_func
Line:     | 274
Reason:   | communication error between host and device (IFX_ERROR_COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
Errorcode:| 0x11002
Failed to open Device. (11002)

My presence_detection.json file:

{
    "device_config": {
        "fmcw_scene": {
            "rx_antennas": [1],
            "tx_antennas": [1],
            "tx_power_level": 7,
            "if_gain_dB": 33,
            "range_resolution_m": 0.05,
            "max_range_m": 5.0,
            "max_speed_m_s": 3.54,
            "speed_resolution_m_s": 0.312,
            "frame_repetition_time_s": 0.04
        }
    },
    "presence_sensing":
    {
        "min_detection_range_m": 0.2,
        "max_detection_range_m": 2.5,
        "range_hysteresis_percentage": 20,
        "absence_confirm_count": 3,
        "presence_confirm_count": 3
    }
}

I have also debugged the application "app_presence_detection.c" with GDB, and saw that there are 4 bytes received from the serial port: [0x5b 0x0 0x2 0x0]. Don't know if that helps.

How can I use the demo board with the compiled apps?

Thank you,

Jan.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @jan77 , 

Please note that app_raw_data_ltr11 and app_advanced_motion_sensing are for DEMO BGT60LTR11AIP, which should work with RadarBaseboardsMCU7_v255.bin , and rest all the applications are for DEMO BGT60TR13C.

Thus, the other applications would not respond to BGT60LTR11AIP, and hence the error you are facing

If you are specifically looking for presence detection solution, we would suggest you to go through DEMO BGT60TR13C.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @jan77 ,

Apologies for the delay in response

Please refer to the file: /radar_sdk/doc/html/pg_radarsdk_setup_build_environment.html#ssct_radarsdk_setup_build_environmenton_linux  for steps on preparing the build environment for linux based system to work with the app examples 

Linux.PNG

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
jan77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Honey_D 

Sorry for late reply, I had easter holiday.

I think you maybe misunderstood: I can build/compile all the applications. But when I run the application, it gives an error.

How can I fix "DEBUG: ... handled Protocol Exception: readPacketStart() - unknown packet type, synchronization lost! [Code: 0x5b000200 / 1526727168]" error?

I run "RadarBaseboardMCU7_v117.bin" on the MCU, but it can't talk to the RDK application on my PC over USB with the above error.

(I also tried "RadarBaseboardMCU7_v255.bin", but then the RDK application says it can't detect the USB radar board.)

I'm trying to lower the sensitivity of the radar with the "app_presence_detection". I have also used the LD_LIBRARY_PATH option, but it gave the same error.

What else can I try?

Kind regards,

Jan.

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @jan77 ,

Please note that app_raw_data_ltr11 and app_advanced_motion_sensing are for DEMO BGT60LTR11AIP, which should work with RadarBaseboardsMCU7_v255.bin , and rest all the applications are for DEMO BGT60TR13C. If you are specifically looking for presence detection solution, we would suggest you to go through DEMO BGT60TR13C.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
jan77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Honey,

Here is a screenshot of a debug session:

jan77_1-1681724361717.png

I believe it is a bug in the Radar SDK? Why is the 'receiveResponse' from the DEMO-BGT60LTR11AIP board wrong? What can I do to fix this?

Kind regards,

Jan.

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @jan77 , 

Please note that app_raw_data_ltr11 and app_advanced_motion_sensing are for DEMO BGT60LTR11AIP, which should work with RadarBaseboardsMCU7_v255.bin , and rest all the applications are for DEMO BGT60TR13C.

Thus, the other applications would not respond to BGT60LTR11AIP, and hence the error you are facing

If you are specifically looking for presence detection solution, we would suggest you to go through DEMO BGT60TR13C.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes