D2GL_Basics application in linux

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Taylor70
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi there 

I am trying to get the D2GL_Basics.exe example to work with a linux machine

Obviously I cant run the D2GL_Basics.exe in linux, but would I be able to use either WINE, or should i run commlib24_D2GL_basics.c in terminal? 

Also, do I need to use cmake or anything on the linux machine, or can i just copy over the "CCom Lib Interface" file from my windows machine to the linux machine?

Thanks very much

Taylor

EDIT: Thought it best to mention I'm trying to do this on a Raspberry Pi, so would the different chip architecture make a difference?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello @Taylor70,

Please delete the already compiled cmakefile, makefile and the generated app present in the example subfolder except "CMakeLists.txt" and try to compile using the command "cmake ."  and use the command "make" to build in Linux machine.

Execute the program with "./d2gl_basics" to see the results.

Best Regards, 

Pugitha.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Giraffe1492
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins 25 likes received 10 solutions authored

The D2GL_Basics example is a Windows executable, so it cannot be run directly on a Linux machine without an emulator like WINE. However, you can use the commlib24_D2GL_basics.c file to compile and run the example on Linux.

You will need to compile the commlib24_D2GL_basics.c file on your Linux machine using a C compiler, such as gcc. You may also need to modify the code to include any necessary headers or libraries for your Linux system.

As for the "CCom Lib Interface" file, you should be able to copy it from your Windows machine to your Linux machine, but it may not work properly due to differences in the operating system and hardware architecture. You may need to compile the library from source code on your Linux machine to ensure compatibility.

Overall, I would recommend compiling the example on your Linux machine using the commlib24_D2GL_basics.c file, rather than trying to use an emulator like WINE.

0 Likes
Pugitha_N
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello @Taylor70,

Please delete the already compiled cmakefile, makefile and the generated app present in the example subfolder except "CMakeLists.txt" and try to compile using the command "cmake ."  and use the command "make" to build in Linux machine.

Execute the program with "./d2gl_basics" to see the results.

Best Regards, 

Pugitha.

0 Likes