Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Radar sensor Forum Discussions

NIJI99
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked
Level 1

Hi, I noticed somebody else was having difficulty compiling the sketch Radar_pulsed_Doppler_LED on their Demo Radar BBXMC4700 demo board. So on a completely fresh machine installed as per the discussion link https://github.com/Infineon/XMC-for-Arduino/tree/24Ghz-radar Jlink installed, Arduino IDE 1.8.2. XMC version installed 1.60. in the boards menu additonaI libraries set to ARM DSP /ARM NN Framework. Can list all of the errors but here is a snapshot , so predominantly the errors are undefined reference, which I think points to an incorrect path somewhere. I can compile and upload Die Temperature measurement in Device control XMC with no problems and the serial output is fine.

C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_939732\libraries\BGT24LTR11-Pulsed-Doppler-Radar\IFXRadarPulsedDoppler.cpp.o: In function `IFXRadarPulsedDoppler::registerResultCallback(void*)':

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Infineon\hardware\arm\1.6.0\libraries\BGT24LTR11-Pulsed-Doppler-Radar\src/IFXRadarPulsedDoppler.cpp:143: undefined reference to `radar_ard_register_result_handler'

C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_939732\libraries\BGT24LTR11-Pulsed-Doppler-Radar\IFXRadarPulsedDoppler.cpp.o: In function `IFXRadarPulsedDoppler::initHW()':

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Infineon\hardware\arm\1.6.0\libraries\BGT24LTR11-Pulsed-Doppler-Radar\src/IFXRadarPulsedDoppler.cpp:153: undefined reference to `radar_ard_hw_init'

0 Likes
1 Solution
NIJI99
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks for the response and I look forward to the new libraries. I wanted to programm using the Arduino IDE as that is what I am very familiar with, and have used for 7 or 8 years. As a matter of interest I did manage to compile the library and upload the LED sketch but under very specific circumstances. The PC user name I used could not contain any spaces, so I logged on as just user as I noticed in some of the compiled directories an extra \ was given to the path name. So user \Fred bloggs\ became \Fred \bloggs\ so the path was not found. Also I was using a machine with windows 7 32bit. New libraries will be the thing but in the short term this may help. Happy for the post to be marked solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
PalY
Moderator 10 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi @NIJI99 ,

The libraries present in the XMC-for-Arduino repository are deprecated and new version will come out soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes
NIJI99
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks for the response and I look forward to the new libraries. I wanted to programm using the Arduino IDE as that is what I am very familiar with, and have used for 7 or 8 years. As a matter of interest I did manage to compile the library and upload the LED sketch but under very specific circumstances. The PC user name I used could not contain any spaces, so I logged on as just user as I noticed in some of the compiled directories an extra \ was given to the path name. So user \Fred bloggs\ became \Fred \bloggs\ so the path was not found. Also I was using a machine with windows 7 32bit. New libraries will be the thing but in the short term this may help. Happy for the post to be marked solved.

0 Likes