Battery Power on D2GL

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Taylor70
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi all

I have a question about powering the d2gl board through a battery

I'm looking through the documentation and it's eluding to me being able to power the board through a battery with the LiPo battery connector. Is this true?

If it is, I'm guessing the input voltage has to be 7 volts (like the barrell jack) - is there any specification on mAh or A ?

Finally is this plug a Tamiya Connector?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Siddharth_H
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi @Taylor70 

1. The D2GL can be powered via external 7 V power, a battery or two micro-USB cables. Refer to section 2.3.1 of this document for detailed understanding.
  2. The battery voltage needed would be 7 volts. Refer to System specifications section(3) of this document for supply current rating.
  3. The LiPo Battery Connector onboard is a S2B-PH-SM4-TB from JST (JAPAN SOLDERLESS TERMINALS).

Best regards,

Siddharth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Siddharth_H
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi @Taylor70 

1. The D2GL can be powered via external 7 V power, a battery or two micro-USB cables. Refer to section 2.3.1 of this document for detailed understanding.
  2. The battery voltage needed would be 7 volts. Refer to System specifications section(3) of this document for supply current rating.
  3. The LiPo Battery Connector onboard is a S2B-PH-SM4-TB from JST (JAPAN SOLDERLESS TERMINALS).

Best regards,

Siddharth

0 Likes