Ballistic chrongraph application

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaveMepham
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi

I am trying to build a ballistic Chronograph using a radar sensor.  I was looking at your Sense2Go demo board and was wondering whether it would be sensitive enough to detect the velocity of a small object, bullet, moving directly away from the sensor board. It could be travelling slowly at say 200 feet per second up to say 4000 fps. 

The bullet  would be as small as .177 inch in diameter when looking at the rear side of the projectile. 

Could you advise on whether this demo board would be a good option or whether I should be looking at one of your other sensors?

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @DaveMepham ,

Sense2GoL Pulse would in principle be the most-suitable of our board, but we are not sure if such small targets can be detected at all and if customizing the analog baseband and the firmware enables the measurement of such high velocities as it has not been tested for the same. 

Best regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @DaveMepham ,

We have forwarded your query to our internal team, who will evaluate your query. We will provide a response  as soon as we get an update from our internal team.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @DaveMepham ,

Please confirm whether you are using the Sense2Go demo board or Sense2GoL Pulse demo board? We'd have to see the possibility of your application accordingly. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
Hi

At this stage I have not bought any of the demo boards so I will purchase the one that would work for my application.
Which do you suggest would work?

Thanks
0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @DaveMepham ,

Sense2GoL Pulse would in principle be the most-suitable of our board, but we are not sure if such small targets can be detected at all and if customizing the analog baseband and the firmware enables the measurement of such high velocities as it has not been tested for the same. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes